Suggestions for CoffeeCup HTML Editor...

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,444 posts

Good that you got it sorted! :D
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,444 posts

Hi, could you please let us know where you found this popup? If in the HTML Editor, please mention the version number, you find it under Help -> About.

I'm pretty sure that it must be a very old version, then I don't see such a popup in the recent ones.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,444 posts

Hi again, I got in touch with the staff, and they are asking if you are using the free version. (I have the paid one, which does not have such things).
Anyway, they will get rid of it.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 2873157 Photo

1 post

It would be nice if you could change the sort order of your project files so the newest was displayed at the top rather than alphabetically. If this functionality exists could someone please point me to it?
User 469268 Photo

80 posts

Chas Cameron wrote:
It would be nice if you could change the sort order of your project files so the newest was displayed at the top rather than alphabetically. If this functionality exists could someone please point me to it?
Would be nice to have options!
User 3116532 Photo

4 posts

I see folks have been asking for this feature since 2009.

As a new CC user, I would love to see a Collapse Code feature, as exists in many other code editors. Writing a long page with either a long DIV or TABLE, it would be great to be able to collapse 100 lines of code so I can see what I'm doing. Is there any consideration of this idea for future build? I can show examples in other software if I am unclear on the feature.

This important tool goes WAY back to some of the earliest HTML editors and I was surprised to see it missing in CC HTML editor.

Thanks!
VL
User 3134773 Photo

1 post

How about a Mac version??
User 601710 Photo

114 posts

GrantJ wrote:
Hi :) I'm new to this forum. I web designer with work time tracking software. I try CoffeeCup HTML Editor. I like. I want to note a very successful set of functions.

Welcome to the forum.
Ron
User 165530 Photo

14 posts

I know this was requested back in 2020 and was probably requested several more times since then, Are there any plans to add a dark mode to this software? I want to change back over to this app from Dreamweaver but the light background is an eye-killer after about 20 minutes. I also noticed that some people back in 2020 asked about making it so that you can close lines of code by tag, so that say you have a few DIV's that can become overly long so it would be nice to be able to shrink down some tags inside the DIV to make it more manageable to work with. I hope that makes some sense. I will come back to this app one day but not until the dark color or the ability to save themes is available.
User 379556 Photo

1,532 posts

ETCWebDesigns wrote:
Are there any plans to add a dark mode to this software?
... it would be nice to be able to shrink down some tags inside the DIV ...

The use of the word 'highlighter' perhaps obscures the fact that there are three dark themes available in the current version at
Tools > Highlighter Colors... > Highlighter Color Schemes > Load Color Scheme
This affects the main window within the program, but not the menus etc.

https://www.coffeecup.com/forums/html-e … uggestion/ may be of interest regarding the collapsing of contents between opening and closing tags.

Frank

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.