Suggestions for CoffeeCup HTML Editor...

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,444 posts

Hi Artie,

If your screen is wide, what you could do is placing the External View right or left beside the coding window.

Scott left CC about 3 and a half year ago.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 469268 Photo

80 posts

Inger wrote:
Hi Artie,

If your screen is wide, what you could do is placing the External View right or left beside the coding window.

Have to agree with Inger, I support multiple sites and have found it best to right click and test with a new browser(s) window so I can insure what the change is going to look like in a real window. Especially true when positioning text and images.
User 458154 Photo

34 posts

Jerry Givan wrote:
Inger wrote:
Hi Artie,

Have to agree with Inger, I support multiple sites and have found it best to right click and test with a new browser(s) window so I can insure what the change is going to look like in a real window. Especially true when positioning text and images.

Hi Inger, Thanks for the workaround. Ahh.. hope Scott is well, had very good conversations with him in the past. He'll be missed..

Ok, The feel is still not there as it would be as the horizontal preview is.. Primarily, the code following feature is key for me without using the external preview. I guess my point is, If the feature of having the horizontal preview, why not add the vertical preview as well?

The detached preview just don't have the feel on code following and quick changes as the internal preview.

This is something I can't understand why it can't be implemented. Thanks anyhow for the suggested workaround,. I still wish this can be added.
In A World of Dreams (( ))
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,444 posts

I don't understand exactly what you mean by 'code following'. It sounds like you are talking about how fast the preview updates itself after you have made some change.

I thing 'code following' usually means what is listed in Tools-> preferences at the bottom left (see attachment). Especially the middle option could be worth unchecking if you don't want code to be followed.
There is also that little chain thingie at the bottom of the coding page. If you disable it (double-click), links that go out to other sites will not be followed while working.
Attachments:
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 458154 Photo

34 posts

Hi Inger, I can't explain it any clearer than what I have tried.. I LOVE THE CODE FOLLOWING! That's what help me get around faster in the coding and page previews. That is the primary request on what I am asking as a vertical internal preview like the horizontal preview.

All I am requesting is a vertical preview in addition to the horizontal preview that already exists..

That's All.

Respectfully, Artie
In A World of Dreams (( ))
User 2917932 Photo

26 posts

Love the program, it does so many things Notepad++ does that I use daily thank you for making a Swiss army knife program, it's really becoming a working mans IDE.

Suggestion when closing tags, can there be an option to either close and go to end of tag like ex: <div>| and not <div|> I'm using the pipe here to show were the cursor is when you close the tag. Sorry it's in mussle memory from coding so long, I close the tag and hit the left arrow and then add anything between the tag and then move on.

Thank You
Warren
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,444 posts

If you want to give your <div> tags a class name or some styling, the '<div|>' is definitely more practical.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 1936585 Photo

1 post

I've used the HTML Editor since 2009 and I love it! Thanks for all the hard work you've put in it.
I have a (small?) suggestion: since I work on several projects, each with its own set of images, could it be possible to specify a "default image folder" in the "Website Project Setting" (for each project) rather than in "Preferences" (one folder common to all projects)?
Kindest regards
Daniel
User 2870441 Photo

1 post

I love the editor mosty for its ability of managing projects, and I think you could improve it.
For example, a per-project customizable page template (many tags of the <head> section are the same for all project pages) and also a per-project snippets library (perhaps snippets could be arranged in "general snippets" and "project snippets" so we don't have an unique big library).
Moreover, a little, stupid thing: implement <CTRL><CANC> which in ALL editors (almost on Windows) deletes a whole word! I find it more comfortable when deleting some line of code than selecting and cancel.
User 469268 Photo

80 posts

DanJo wrote:
I've used the HTML Editor since 2009 and I love it! Thanks for all the hard work you've put in it.
I have a (small?) suggestion: since I work on several projects, each with its own set of images, could it be possible to specify a "default image folder" in the "Website Project Setting" (for each project) rather than in "Preferences" (one folder common to all projects)?
Kindest regards
Daniel
Yes, Supporting websites, having a default image folder and then one for each project(website) would really make building/supporting website much faster and cleaner.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.