Suggestions for CoffeeCup HTML Editor...

User 2806441 Photo

64 posts

Shouldn't the soon-to-be-extinct Internet Explorer browser for the internal preview be retired and replaced with a browser that actually renders the style sheets correctly?
User 469268 Photo

80 posts

Edgar Miller wrote:
Shouldn't the soon-to-be-extinct Internet Explorer browser for the internal preview be retired and replaced with a browser that actually renders the style sheets correctly?

Yes, Per Microsoft, Internet Explorer is dead, Microsoft Edge is their official browser!
I test the websites the I support with Firefox, Firefox Beta and Microsoft Edge.
User 2957107 Photo

9 posts

Placing the External View right or left beside the coding window would really be good.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Try Ctrl+Shift+F2.
Or, for some machines you need Ctrl+Fn+Shift+F2.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2969011 Photo

1 post

Are there any plans to add CSS grid elements to HTML Editor.
User 3098083 Photo

3 posts

As I am working with a Danish website I have a problem with danish caracters - æ - ø - å which translate to some garbage looking letters making it difficult to read. Se example:
"Jeg deltager ikke i mange contester, men gennem årene har jeg haft meget fornøjelse af at deltage i nogle få. Hvert år har jeg en intern konkurrence med nogle andre amatør-venner her i OZ-land. Vi prøver at få kontakt med så mange lande som vi kan inden for et år. Derfor er contester en god måde at få nogle flere lande tilføjet på listen."
If I want to change it into some readability I have to use f.ex Wordpad and another FTP-client.
Best regards
Erik Nielsen
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

I'm often creating stuff in Norwegian (or some other European languages). I have no such problems with the Scandinavian letters, or German umlauts, various accents etc. Which HTML version are you using? I recommend HTML5.I have this as the first thing in your documents:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="no">
<head>
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,initial-scale=1">
<meta charset="utf-8">

You have to change the <html lang="no"> to Danish, of course.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 3098083 Photo

3 posts

It seems to bo oK in the editor, but after upload with FTP it again converts the danish charaters to garbage.
The start of my doc is now like this ?
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0//EN">
<html lang="da">
<HTML>
Regards / Erik Nielsen
Inger wrote:
I'm often creating stuff in Norwegian (or some other European languages). I have no such problems with the Scandinavian letters, or German umlauts, various accents etc. Which HTML version are you using? I recommend HTML5.I have this as the first thing in your documents:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="no">
<head>
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,initial-scale=1">
<meta charset="utf-8">

You have to change the <html lang="no"> to Danish, of course.

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

I see that you are using an older version of HTML. In the HTML Editor you can change the doctype to HTML5 in Tools-Preferences- General tab (unless you have a very old version of the Editor, from before HTML5 was released in 2014).
In my previous post I'm also showing the charset as utf-8. That is the best one to use.

Another thing is what your computer is set to. Are you actually IN Denmark and are you having a Danish setup in your Control panel for language, keyboard etc? The attachment is showing my setup. You get to the lower one when clicking on the button saying "Endre nasjonal systeminnstilling".
Attachments:
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 2312201 Photo

2 posts

Hello,
Set default install folder to Program Files
Set default docuent folder to user/documents.
Surrent settings are boring with Windows 11 and some anti-virus programs.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.