Suggestions for CoffeeCup HTML Editor...

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Chick,

I think you should open a support ticket as this is getting a little long and it's not a support thread, just a place for suggestions. Sounds like you have something else going on there, and I'm sure the team might be interested to try to help with it as it's a kind of random thing that happens only to some people. Not sure why. Some lose their snippets every time they update and some don't, same with pretty much all other customizations which aren't really part of the program setup for saving them.

Anyways, please open a ticket rather than continuing here and if I remember later I'll move your posts to a new thread so you can continue commenting there if you like :)
User 2163161 Photo

10 posts

OK Jo Ann... I'll open a support ticket if I can figure out how.
User 2163161 Photo

10 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
Hiya Chick,

I think you should open a support ticket as this is getting a little long and it's not a support thread, just a place for suggestions. Sounds like you have something else going on there, and I'm sure the team might be interested to try to help with it as it's a kind of random thing that happens only to some people. Not sure why. Some lose their snippets every time they update and some don't, same with pretty much all other customizations which aren't really part of the program setup for saving them.

Anyways, please open a ticket rather than continuing here and if I remember later I'll move your posts to a new thread so you can continue commenting there if you like :)

I think that I have reported my issue to the support folks. Thanks Jo Ann
User 601710 Photo

114 posts

Chick wrote:
When I installed the new HTML editor, my personal Snippets disappeared. I would have preferred that they were still there.
This is why I have taken to backing up all the modified Markup files, Snippets, etc., on an external hard drive. I just do not like the way the markup files are coded and some snippet codes need to be changed anyway.

Thinking about tracking down where the files are for custom highlighting, application listing and more which seem to get replaced after every install. Got an issue with setting highlighting for the CSS as you use to be able to set the background color like you can in the HTML highlighting. Still checking to see if I'm doing this wrong or if it is an error.
Ron
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Ron,

You can change most anything on coloring now including the background. Most likely you're trying to find it on the list of tags to change and missing the huge button to the right of that list box that says Background with a long color bar to choose the color for the background and foreground :P

I totally agree with the need for saving all your personal settings, color setups, snippets, toolbars, etc. and hopefully a future release will give us that.
User 601710 Photo

114 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
Hiya Ron,

You can change most anything on coloring now including the background. Most likely you're trying to find it on the list of tags to change and missing the huge button to the right of that list box that says Background with a long color bar to choose the color for the background and foreground :P

I totally agree with the need for saving all your personal settings, color setups, snippets, toolbars, etc. and hopefully a future release will give us that.
I have not been able to change the background color of the CSS file loaded from local directory [Tools>Preferences>Customization for CSS] Highlighting since the latest editor has come out. There is no problem with the HTML.

It's hard to continually stare at that white background while editing or making a CSS file. I just checked again and still can't change it. In the HTML, you click on the blank white space and change the foreground (text color of editor) and the background (color of the entire page). Not so for the CSS highlighting. Use to be able to change the background color to provide a better contrast with other syntax colors chosen. Clicking a blank white space for CSS sets only the "selected text" HIGHLIGHTING.
Ron
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Ron,

Sorry I missed the reference to CSS background. To do this go into the same area as you would for the HTML highlighting and choose the style sheet on the list. Then in there although the Background color is greyed out and looks as if you cannot change it, look to the right and you'll see a box with a couple check boxes in it. There's one that has a check mark in it for using the default css background. Uncheck that and you can then change the CSS background for your pages. Hope that helps :)
User 601710 Photo

114 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
Hiya Ron,

Sorry I missed the reference to CSS background. To do this go into the same area as you would for the HTML highlighting and choose the style sheet on the list. Then in there although the Background color is greyed out and looks as if you cannot change it, look to the right and you'll see a box with a couple check boxes in it. There's one that has a check mark in it for using the default css background. Uncheck that and you can then change the CSS background for your pages. Hope that helps :)
Doesn't help. There is no check marks in any of them. Even for the syntax highlighting which I made sure was not causing me to not be able to change the background color. You just CAN NOT alter the complete CSS file background color to provide the contrast you want with the syntax coloring you have set. Use to be able to do this, but new version has blocked it. As I said, HTML page can be set and has been.
Ron
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I stand corrected there Ron thanks for pointing that out. After checking it out further you're right, it's only changing the color behind the tag it's highlighting, not the full background like the HTML setting does.

Carry on and hopefully they will see this and fix it :)
User 1941372 Photo

92 posts

Have a look at the Color Translator in PSPad [http://www.pspad.com/en/] I would love it if that was in the CoffeeCup HTML Editor.

It translates between HTML Color Code, Color Name (where there is one), Percent Notation, RGB notation, and CMYK [though, for the HTML editor that's lower priority].

Example:

HTML Color Code: #00FFFF
Color Name: aqua
Percent Notation: 0%, 100%, 100%
RGB Notation: 0, 255, 255
CMYK: C:100 M:0 Y: 0 K:0

Also, they have another tool that displays the array of Safe Colors. That would be nice, too.

Such a thing would be really cool in any other of your programs that deal with color, such as your Image Studio, and Visual Site Designer.
When we look at the things around us, we only see them as they were in the past. We really have no perception of reality, at all!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.