html editor freezes - Page 4 - Post...

User 451981 Photo

92 posts

Mine freezes solid as well. I open HTML Editor - go to Tools - preferences and set the default folders for a new project. As soon as I click OK, that's it - toast.

There is nothing on the page other than the guy with the hard hat

Raj
If you stand by,the ocean, it sounds like you are holding a conch to your ear.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Guys I am pretty sure there's something going on with the changing of the default projects folder. I would suggest just leaving that at default until they track this down. They have it on their todo list is about all I can tell you at the moment.

If you cannot get it to change back to the default one in the program (if it keeps locking up that is) I would try reinstalling to revert it back to the original locations (unless you know how to do it manually which is possible, but I'll not get into that here lol). That should revert the directory back to the original and you should be fine from then on.

Your projects will still work, and the only thing that will be an inconvenience is that you cannot see them all in the file tree on the left to access them at any time. If your projects are setup though you can just choose them from the drop down list to open them one by one. Inconvenient yes, but doable for now if you can hang in there for a fix on this.

This doesn't affect every user apparently, so if you don't have this issue then count yourself as a lucky one :)
User 451981 Photo

92 posts

Yes no problem. I actually just posted my blurb to help someone figure out what's what. On further checking, I don't even have to go into or change the default folders. Just going to Tools and preferences and then clicking OK will freeze it.

It isn't stopping me working. Before this project I was on the earlier version of HTML Ed. A month or so ago I completely uninstalled the old editor to install 12.6. The default project it is referencing is a very old project that I haven't worked on in ages.

Anyway I am sure someone will fix this.

Raj
If you stand by,the ocean, it sounds like you are holding a conch to your ear.
User 528054 Photo

209 posts

I have had this freezing/Not Responding problem for a very long time and over multiple pc's, after just upgrading to the new HTML Editor Version 15 build 769 in the hope that it has been solved, the problem still persists.

My operating system is Windows 7

It will be nice when this stops happening, as I remember it all kicked off sometime during
the version 12 lifetime and has been happening ever since.

The problem doesn't happen as long as I don't run any other programs all the while the HTML Editor is open,
when it does, I kill the process by shutting the Editor down via Task Manager...

The symptoms I have are typically, my pc fan starts to run flat out and I have high cpu usage warnings with the
Editor being shown as 'Not Responding'...

That's it really!

Regards
Peter

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.