Suggestions for Foundation Framer -...

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

A George Charpentier wrote:
Have RFF open the last used file, instead of defaulting, as in my case, to the Coffeecup Flexbox tutorial.

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried it, but the problem is that it opens the file as a "New File". It's a workaround, but it still involves extra steps, and that was the initial problem.... extra steps to get to work I want to do.

But what if I or many other users don't want the last file used open by default.

I often have many projects on the go, and wouldn't want the last file I used to open by default, just go to " open recent files, " by asking for that to save you extra work creates extra work for other users of the app

or place a shortcut on your taskbar,,, right click the icon and it shows the recently used projects, simply click on the one you want.
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

A George Charpentier wrote:

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried it, but the problem is that it opens the file as a "New File". It's a workaround, but it still involves extra steps, and that was the initial problem.... extra steps to get to work I want to do.

Why not just double-click on the project file that you want to open?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Not that it matters much for me, but in the HTML Editor you have three options: Open blank, open last used, or open none. Would it be difficult to incorporate those in RSD/RFF/RBB?
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Inger wrote:
Not that it matters much for me, but in the HTML Editor you have three options: Open blank, open last used, or open none. Would it be difficult to incorporate those in RSD/RFF/RBB?

Blank and None are essentially the same thing. Just select a blank theme that you always want to start from and then check the box "Set as default" and check the box "Don't show on startup". Open last used can easily be accomplished by double-clicking on your saved project file.

Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Inger wrote:

Blank and None are essentially the same thing. Just select a blank theme that you always want to start from and then check the box "Set as default" and check the box "Don't show on startup". Open last used can easily be accomplished by double-clicking on your saved project file.

or place a shortcut to RSD/FF on your taskbar,,, right click the icon and it shows the recently used projects, simply click on the one you want.
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

Please let me create sub ul's

<ul>
<li>list item 1</li>
<ul>
<li>sublist item 1.1</li>
<li>sublist item 1.2</li>
<li>sublist item 1.3</li>
<li>sublist item 1.4</li>
</ul>
<li>list item 2</li>
<li>list item 3</li>
<li>list item 4</li>
</ul>

– Richard
Living in Zevenbergen, the Netherlands
13" MacBook Air M1 + 2x LG 24" IPS QHD / 8GB RAM / 500GB SSD / macOS 14.3 Sonoma
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

One option would be to have a list section in the toolbar where you can indent list-elements.

Selecting a list item (link) and then indenting the item once would create a sub list element (or rather wrap the <li> within <ul> and </ul>. When you indent more than one list item (link), the whole bunch would be wrapped between <ul> and </ul> tags.

http://dump.rvanheukelum.com/freeway-list-indent.png
Freeway7 example.

The nested ul then can be selected and styled apropriately.

– Richard
13" MacBook Air M1 + 2x LG 24" IPS QHD / 8GB RAM / 500GB SSD / macOS 14.3 Sonoma
User 434929 Photo

Ambassador
938 posts

rvanheukelum wrote:
Please let me create sub ul's

<ul>
<li>list item 1</li>
<ul>
<li>sublist item 1.1</li>
<li>sublist item 1.2</li>
<li>sublist item 1.3</li>
<li>sublist item 1.4</li>
</ul>
<li>list item 2</li>
<li>list item 3</li>
<li>list item 4</li>
</ul>

– Richard

you can do it right away

https://s29.postimg.org/qhi7m0fev/nested_LI.gif
Guys at coffeecup are awesometacular.
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

Wow ... I never would have thought of that :lol::lol::lol:
Thank you Mansour, again you're the man of the hour ;)
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

But no ... even though it might look the same, these 'link containers' don't work for me.
This is what I get:

<ul class="list-container">
<li class="list-item-container">
<a class="link-text" href="#">list item 1</a>
<ul class="list-container vertical menu">
<a class="link-text" href="#">sublist item 1.1</a>
</li>
<a class="link-text" href="#">sublist item 1.1</a>
</li>
</ul>
</li>
<a class="link-text" href="#">list item 2</a>
</li>
<a class="link-text" href="#">list item 3</a>
</li>
<a class="link-text" href="#">list item 4</a>
</li>
</ul>

Too much clutter, I'll have to remove all classes and clean up the code to get to where I need to be. This is what I'm stiving for:

<ul class="custom">
<li><a href="#">list item 1</a>
<ul class="custom">
<li><a href="#">sublist item 1.1</a></li>
<li><a href="#">sublist item 1.1</a></li>
</ul>
</li>
<li><a href="#">list item 2</a></li>
<li><a href="#">list item 3</a></li>
<li><a href="#">list item 4</a></li>
</ul>

A plain (link) list with a nested (link) list.

I'll have to insert a simple list like this by inserting raw code into an </>HTML element? Just because it contains a nested list? If I'm not missing something here, RFF is. Look how Freeway7 handles this in an intuitive way, this might just be one option to handle this.

– Richard

http://codepen.io/rvanheukelum/pen/GrdZPr

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.