Suggestions for Foundation Framer -...

User 2719045 Photo

48 posts

Hi Scott

I really appreciate the efforts being made at the moment with updates to the software but the latest releases appear to be less stable than previous ones. It is now crashing 2 or 3 times a day (sometimes more) with no apparent specific cause or action triggering a crash. I have tried uninstalling and then doing a fresh install but it makes no difference. Latest error message attached.

Could I also request that a priority is given to finding a solution to the annoying habit of elements jumping out of columns/containers completely randomly when clicked on. I have read several other users report the same issue.

Many thanks

Jeremy
Attachments:
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Jeremy Woolger wrote:
Hi Scott

I really appreciate the efforts being made at the moment with updates to the software but the latest releases appear to be less stable than previous ones. It is now crashing 2 or 3 times a day (sometimes more) with no apparent specific cause or action triggering a crash. I have tried uninstalling and then doing a fresh install but it makes no difference.
Jeremy

Have you tried running the program as Administrator?

1. Right-click the application shortcut icon, and click Properties.
2. Click the Compatibility tab.
3. Here, put a check mark by Run This Program as an Administrator.
4. Next, put a check mark next to Run This Program in Compatibility Mode For: and ensure Windows XP Pro Service Pack 3 is selected.
5. Click OK.

In the end your settings should match this:
https://www.coffeecup.com/files/predefined/run-as-admin.png

Now try and open the software. Hopefully this has fixed your issue.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 434929 Photo

Ambassador
938 posts

Jeremy Woolger wrote:

annoying habit of elements jumping out of columns/containers completely randomly when clicked on.

I have same issue on Mac with Foundation Framer and you can see that in few of my videos.
Guys at coffeecup are awesometacular.
User 2719045 Photo

48 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Jeremy Woolger wrote:
Hi Scott

I really appreciate the efforts being made at the moment with updates to the software but the latest releases appear to be less stable than previous ones. It is now crashing 2 or 3 times a day (sometimes more) with no apparent specific cause or action triggering a crash. I have tried uninstalling and then doing a fresh install but it makes no difference.
Jeremy

Have you tried running the program as Administrator?

1. Right-click the application shortcut icon, and click Properties.
2. Click the Compatibility tab.
3. Here, put a check mark by Run This Program as an Administrator.
4. Next, put a check mark next to Run This Program in Compatibility Mode For: and ensure Windows XP Pro Service Pack 3 is selected.
5. Click OK.

In the end your settings should match this:
https://www.coffeecup.com/files/predefined/run-as-admin.png

Now try and open the software. Hopefully this has fixed your issue.

Will do and will let you know if this resolves the problem
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

If you still have problems, please open a support ticket.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2861890 Photo

34 posts

I often work on my laptop when I travel. EVERY time I open a project on my laptop, it tells me some of the break points are not visible. There is no way to turn off this warning. It is a wasted click every time, and one I have to do at least twice as I leave the theme selector active when I start RFF. One click doesn't take long, but it definitely takes longer than no clicks. Why not allow all such warning dialogs to be dismissed permanently, never to return (unless I reset them)?

In addition to the above, the view resets to 100% every time I open it. Why is the view setting not saved as part of the project environment? More unnecessary clicks, every time. These time wasters really detract from the usefulness of the program.

Please allow us to set user-defined break points according to the pixel position rather than a slider. For example, allow a right-click on a break point to set its properties. I am a numbers kind of guy, and not a visual kind of guy. I cannot be the only one with this proclivity.

I'm sorry if these suggestions have already been made.

Best regards,
Don
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

DonM]I often work on my laptop when I travel. EVERY time I open a project on my laptop, it tells me some of the break points are not visible. There is no way to turn off this warning. It is a wasted click every time, and one I have to do at least twice as I leave the theme selector active when I start RFF. One click doesn't take long, but it definitely takes longer than no clicks. Why not allow all such warning dialogs to be dismissed permanently, never to return (unless I reset them)?

You can fix this by selecting a blank theme and set that as your default.

Please allow us to set user-defined break points according to the pixel position rather than a slider. For example, allow a right-click on a break point to set its properties. I am a numbers kind of guy, and not a visual kind of guy. I cannot be the only one with this proclivity.

That is not how responsive design works. You never code for a particular PX. You use the slider and breakpoints to create them when your content break.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

The ability to add new browsers to the "Preview On" thingy would be cool (or update the list to include Microsoft Edge when you can) Unless of course there is a way & I haven't found it yet

Wayan
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:
The ability to add new browsers to the "Preview On" thingy would be cool (or update the list to include Microsoft Edge when you can) Unless of course there is a way & I haven't found it yet

Wayan

That list is automatically updated when a new browser is installed. As with Edge, unfortunately that is not possible as Microsoft prevents apps from doing local preview with documents. You can do it with IE11, but not Edge.

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Wayan Jaya wrote:

Wayan

That list is automatically updated when a new browser is installed. As with Edge, unfortunately that is not possible as Microsoft prevents apps from doing local preview with documents. You can do it with IE11, but not Edge.

Just done it with Edge Scott made edge my default browser on my machine, didn't really want to do that before as I still had a slight aversion to IE,, (I know Edge different kettle of fish to IE but still had that feeling) but the more & more I use Edge Im getting to like it so I bit the bullet,,,
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.