Foundation Framer v2.5 build 439...

User 2719045 Photo

48 posts

P.S. My only beef is the lack of documentation that comes with added functionality so you have to work out for yourself how to take full advantages of the upgrade!
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

Agreed. But yet again ... the only opinions, information and communication that goes around on this subject are just our opinions, of us users. We all have an opinion, fair enough. But why the silence? No explanation, no statement, nothing. Why does anyone who wants to upgrade Foundation Framer have to open a support ticket? They should know by now that the link to an upgrade is missing, that no one got the email ... but no, no initiative, just wait for the customer to open a support ticket to upgrade your software. It seems that the pricing is not the only thing that raises questions.

– Richard
Living in Zevenbergen, the Netherlands
13" MacBook Air M1 + 2x LG 24" IPS QHD / 8GB RAM / 500GB SSD / macOS 14.3 Sonoma
User 2273654 Photo

754 posts

It would be helpful if the News and Announcements forum topic heading was better utilized. If planned new software and/or upgrades and updates were regularly posted, along with approximate projected prices, would be easier to react peacefully to the items. My self I planned on updating and keeping all of the software current but I'm really stretched for funds right now. Have not used BB or FF yet and have purchased and kept updated because was not given enough info from the marketing to make a properly informed decision of whether or not it was actually needed.
My CC S-drive site https://workhorsepainting.com
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

rvanheukelum wrote:
Agreed. But yet again ... the only opinions, information and communication that goes around on this subject are just our opinions, of us users. We all have an opinion, fair enough. But why the silence? No explanation, no statement, nothing. Why does anyone who wants to upgrade Foundation Framer have to open a support ticket? They should know by now that the link to an upgrade is missing, that no one got the email ... but no, no initiative, just wait for the customer to open a support ticket to upgrade your software. It seems that the pricing is not the only thing that raises questions.

– Richard

Hi Richard,

Please remember this is a forum run by users and not by Coffeecup Staff. From time to time you will see staff come in the forums and comment which is fantastic! Would you rather them spend all their time in here micro managing their customers or would you rather them build great software. That being said what other software company forum can you go to right now where you can get a direct response from the software employees?

This forum was build for the community of us users where we can come together and collaborate on issues, projects, day to day activities and share our creations. This forum was not built with the intent of taking over the support room, that by the way is fantastic! I have been involved with different software companies from all ends of the world and Coffeecup Support blows everyone away by miles. I have never had a support ticket not replied to within 24 hours, usually its only hours sometimes within minutes!!!!

As for the updates.... there has been far too much complaining in my opinion. I gladly pay for any updates/upgrades they will provide if its something that I see as a benefit. As mentioned before it takes time and money, lots and lots of money, to update/upgrade their products. Have you ever paid a team to develop a major software project? It takes many salaries in many different responsibilities to provide you even a small update. You think they should be doing this for free? Its astounding they only charge 9 - 20 dollars on average for most of their small updates. Hell they even give most of their updates away for free. No company can live forever giving it for free all the time.

I would rather pay the little 9 dollars here and 19 dollars there hell I would even pay more rather then Coffeecup to move to a subscription based model. If they went that way yes you would get free updates! ha... but at what cost would those free updates come at? 300 per year? or more as we have seen with RED v2. (By the way I am not complaining at those costs either) but that's a discussion for another thread :)

Please do not take this comment as a personal attack on you as I truly do not intend it that way. This is just my opinion and understanding of this thread.

To the CC Staff (if you are in here :lol:): Please continue to create fantastic software and provide top notch support. We do value your work and time spend on all your software.

Steve
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 2699991 Photo

4,777 posts
Online Now

Steve wrote:

Hi Richard,

Please remember this is a forum run by users and not by Coffeecup Staff. From time to time you will see staff come in the forums and comment which is fantastic! Would you rather them spend all their time in here micro managing their customers or would you rather them build great software. That being said what other software company forum can you go to right now where you can get a direct response from the software employees?

This forum was build for the community of us users where we can come together and collaborate on issues, projects, day to day activities and share our creations. This forum was not built with the intent of taking over the support room, that by the way is fantastic! I have been involved with different software companies from all ends of the world and Coffeecup Support blows everyone away by miles. I have never had a support ticket not replied to within 24 hours, usually its only hours sometimes within minutes!!!!

As for the updates.... there has been far too much complaining in my opinion. I gladly pay for any updates/upgrades they will provide if its something that I see as a benefit. As mentioned before it takes time and money, lots and lots of money, to update/upgrade their products. Have you ever paid a team to develop a major software project? It takes many salaries in many different responsibilities to provide you even a small update. You think they should be doing this for free? Its astounding they only charge 9 - 20 dollars on average for most of their small updates. Hell they even give most of their updates away for free. No company can live forever giving it for free all the time.

I would rather pay the little 9 dollars here and 19 dollars there hell I would even pay more rather then Coffeecup to move to a subscription based model. If they went that way yes you would get free updates! ha... but at what cost would those free updates come at? 300 per year? or more as we have seen with RED v2. (By the way I am not complaining at those costs either) but that's a discussion for another thread :)

Please do not take this comment as a personal attack on you as I truly do not intend it that way. This is just my opinion and understanding of this thread.

To the CC Staff (if you are in here :lol:): Please continue to create fantastic software and provide top notch support. We do value your work and time spend on all your software.

Steve

With you all the way on this one,,
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

Steve wrote:

Steve

I agree totally, no doubt about it. I've no problem at all paying for the software I use. I'll continue using Coffeecup software just because of it's quality. I only wanted to point out that the update/upgrade policy is unclear and badly communicated.

My sincere apologies if any other intent comes across.

– Richard
13" MacBook Air M1 + 2x LG 24" IPS QHD / 8GB RAM / 500GB SSD / macOS 14.3 Sonoma
User 2660090 Photo

89 posts

I don't fundamentally have a problem with paying a nominal fee for upgrades. CoffeeCup's software is very good value for money, so I can't begrudge them. I don't think they just charge to grab a bit more money off people — it's because there is a lot of time spent on research and development to implement the new features. And you know what they say: time is money.
User 2844004 Photo

225 posts

As I said repeatedly; I absolutely don't mind paying a fee for upgrades. It's just not (made) clear what makes an upgrade an upgrade or an update an update. I know the meaning of both, but when I look at the release notes there's no difference between the internal changes ... some bug fixes, an updated Foundation core. it just seems random, and it's not communicated. That's all. I've upgraded RFF, RBB and Website Insight. On the latter ... no information at all. No release notes, it's just another build for me. But I did have to pay to upgrade. All reported bugs are still there ... so what did change? Communication.

– Richard
User 2093190 Photo

115 posts

I haven´t read all posts here (I have not so much time … ;-)), but I think that every update should have its price. (Sorry about my english …) Well, if coffeecup implements new releases of the frameworks (equal if it`s Bootstrap or Foundation) in their applications, it is it worth for me, to pay for that. We all know what it means to be successfull and how hard it is. And the team of coffeecup is making a very good job.
The only thing for me, I have problems with, is the transparancy about the update-plan. Sometimes I get emails about updates, sometimes not. I don´t know, what it means to miss one or two updates. Which price will I have to pay then?
puncto – grafik & marketing
D - 69126 Heidelberg
https://www.puncto.info
Actually you´ll find my work here: https://puncto.coffeecup.com/
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,444 posts

Hallo Uwe, grüss Dich!
If you have the latest (up until the very latest) version of RBB and RFF, you should have to pay $19 for each this time. The latest version of RSD was free if you had bought the previous version.
But apparently you have to contact CC support and ask for them.

Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.