Suggestions for Form Designer - Page...

User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

dotmouse wrote:
I agree with Eric, they should add the back end scripts, validation and conditionals, I should have visited this Forum before buying the beta version of Form Designer :(

+1 I agree with you guys here. I have said it since day one. I would love to see these scripts added into this app, its really the only thing stopping me from buying it.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 628924 Photo

2 posts

Yes, it makes perfect sense to combine these 2 products into a single solution. The design flexibility of Forms Designer with the code generation of WFB, along with a robust set of themes. Please. Would save users tons of time going back and forth.
User 10077 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,095 posts

Would be nice to create option and checkbox lists that can be quickly added as we currently can in WFB. For example, being able to click a button to add all 50 states to an option list would be very convenient. Let us create text files or css files that have the options already listed so that we can just click a button, select the file, and the options are created.
ASK ME ANYTHING
I provide personalized help for Coffeecup Users including training for Site Designer and Web Form Builder via Zoom.
Email me at support@usconsumernet.org or call 865-687-7698.

Did you know that Web Form Builder can be used for both simple and complicated forms and that it's not limited to the default fonts and buttons? Take a look at a form we developed for WindowTinting.com.
https://forms.windowtinting.com/forms/w … ppingcart/
User 131545 Photo

687 posts

Dear support

We living in the HTML5/CSS3 world not in the HTML4 World. Please add all the HTML5 input form controls to because we waiting to this controls when they comes in the new update.

Kind regards
Stephane

Good weekend
Toekomstgerichte door ICT gebeten IT'er
Stephane Fonteyne
Ba. Elektronica - ICT
Application Software PowerBasic Developer
e-mail : stephane.fonteyne@telenet.be
gmail : stephane760126@gmail.com
linkin : in : <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/stephane-fonteyn/53/402/204>
twitter : @Stefke36
User 10077 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,095 posts

STEFKE wrote:
Please add all the HTML5 input form controls to because we waiting to this controls when they comes in the new update.

Just out of curiosity, which controls are you looking for?
ASK ME ANYTHING
I provide personalized help for Coffeecup Users including training for Site Designer and Web Form Builder via Zoom.

Did you know that Web Form Builder can be used for both simple and complicated forms and that it's not limited to the default fonts and buttons? Take a look at a form we developed for WindowTinting.com.
User 2806889 Photo

64 posts

I will echo what others have said...Please combine Web Form Builder and Form Designer into one product. All of the other CoffeeCup software that I have purchased integrate easily with each other-I was expecting the same with Form Designer.
User 2614236 Photo

141 posts

I agree with many on here. It seems form designer has been built for producing nice forms and it does. However it now appears as an afterthought of how the processing scripts should be attached and a tutorial has been produced.
However it is clear that the method provided is illogical, repetitive and time consuming.

The processing script should be produced from within the form designer program and not have to build two forms and make sure the names are the same etc. Totally inefficient and lack forethought.

So like many processing scripts within form designer so only one form has to be produced.
Tony
User 2793720 Photo

66 posts

I've given up on the processing scripts and started rolling my own- I found it too painful getting them working on a non-S-Drive site anyway. But when do we get basics like:

1. Captcha
2. Media: Audio, Video, Picture slides.
3. Field Validation & Computation
4. Vertical & Horizontal Tab
5. Table & Grid
6. Calendar & Date
7. Mime Email
8. Encryption
9. Credit Card Validation
10. State Abbreviation
11. Star rating
12. Toggle
13. Geolocation

This was mentioned back in May last year by Budhi!

I love CoffeeCup software BUT I am beginning to get fatigued with the big announcements about a new product, loyal customers fund their development by getting out their credit cards for a beta then you run out of steam - only to come out with another new shiny thing a few months later that's "even better" and available cheaply for the beta.

Come on finish something please! There's so much promise in the products but I'm starting to shop around.
User 10077 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,095 posts

Here's an important one. Sometimes the form needs to have a target (such as _blank). There is no target setting and it is a reserved word when trying to add it via the attributes. Please remove the reserve status or add a setting for it.
ASK ME ANYTHING

User 2906089 Photo

222 posts

Add Bootstrap support please. Release the project files for the themes on the demo sales page so we can use them as a learning tool. Add full html5 elements as mentioned and a one-click operation that creates the backend. None of this copying and pasting circus routines.

Learn something, Share something.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.