New version of Form Designer out...

User 188640 Photo

766 posts

I'm pretty much pulling my hair out trying to get ANY for to work on a website. I've never had this kind of trouble with WFB and now I've built a form in FB and can't get anything hooked up.

I feel the same about this as everyone else.
A Rose is Just a Weed in a Corn Patch!
User 453359 Photo

Director
11 posts

Hi everyone !

It's Hans, the guy that is trying to manage CoffeeCup Software :)

I understand the frustration of the Web Form builder / Form Designer customers, Web Form Builder is only a tiny bit responsive and Form Designer does not have a back end yet.

We looked at using the old backend with the new Form Designer, but then we saw that with cloud computing, we should also upgrade the backend technology we use. We have a prototype running of what the backend should look like, but we estimate that it will take us at least 2 - 3 months to implement that. At this time we are focusing on the Site Designer 3.5 release which could be ready within the next 10 - 14 days.

Thanks for using our software, my pledge to you is that we will continue to focus on make our important products (yes - that includes Form Builder) better and better. Also a big THANK YOU to all for all the help y'all are giving in the forums :D

Hans
User 53507 Photo

29 posts

Exactly what I wanted to know . . . my confidence has been renewed.
Thanks very much Hans!
User 2903050 Photo

254 posts

Hi Hans, I am not sure you will see this but here goes. Will the site designer 3.5 be a free ungrade to site designer 3 customers or will it be a standalone purchaseable product. Regards Phil
User 453359 Photo

Director
11 posts

Hey Phil et al. ==> Site Designer 3.5 will be free for our 3.0 users. Site Designer 4.0 will be a paid upgrade.

I will share our Software offerings road map to all our users shortly through a more formal channel.

greetings

Hans

User 2906089 Photo

79 posts
Online Now

Hans,

How's the roadmap coming?
User 2906089 Photo

79 posts
Online Now

I think the software roadmap got left at the printers! How great would it be to have that sort of encouragement and reassurance that our money is being well spent.

As it stands, form designer is a little difficult to find on coffeecup's site to purchase. There is zero articles in the support room and the mailchimp and Google forms instructions are posted on medium.com...why?
User 2624719 Photo

195 posts

Hi Bosco
This is were i think CC stand as a small company they have to pool there energy into making apps and upgrades to there existing line up . we recently had a upgrade to SD with version 4 being released a couple of weeks ago . so now that upgrade is out of the way so to speak .they will probably turn there attention to the FD side of things as this is the one that looks like it has the most coding to do in terms of providing the back-end that we all love from WFB . This is my hope as it was teased to us way back code name Form Builder Flex if i am not mistaken . i could be wrong . i feel sure ther will be an update coming soon .

Regards Adrian
User 453359 Photo

Director
11 posts

Hi all - thank you Adrian for your feedback and thank you Bosco for the "nudge" regarding our development roadmap.

Indeed, we updated Site Designer and made several UI changes also to the other apps. We are working hard on trying to get an update for DFTP out, both for Windows and Mac. We are trying to decide if we should convert the Web Form Builder backend to something Amazon server-less architecture based, or to convert the current back end and integrate it into Form Designer. We are also considering integrating the Form Designer part into Site Designer ...........

We are currently making some more updates to Site Designer, and then my guess is that we will start working on the new Web Form Builder backend starting October this year.

We are still very committed to our Web Form Builder and Form Designer, and I hope this helps explain a little about what to expect in the next coming months.

greetings and thank you for all your support :-)

Hans

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.