Suggestions for CoffeeCup Direct FTP...

User 122152 Photo

7 posts

Been using Coffee Cup software since 2001. I am currently using CCFTP 6.6 Build 1548. I have always loved this program as it allows me to edit in real time and see what I am doing on the web. I still set all my and my customer's pages by hand... VERY old fashioned. However, a few things... I have to use CCFTP in conjunction with CuteFTP as CCFTP has a lot of problems with file transfer rates. If I need to get an entire tree moved, it would take me about 5 times as long w/ CCFTP as it would with CuteFTP. I am also a bit irritated that when I highlight to move a piece of code, that the original stays behind. I have to manually cut each piece of code and paste it in its new position... it would be MUCH easier if I could just highlight, drag & drop. Another problem is that when I am deleting sections of code, I can't hold the delete key and have the string slowly delete. I have to delete each letter or symbol individually. Being able to hold the Backspace or Delete key and have them repeat the function would be a great help.

I don't mean to sound like I don't LOVE this program... I DO! I have been able to design lovely and lovingly put together pages for clients in the US & EU with this little work horse for years (obviously) without a complaint.

Have a Happy Christmas guys! :)
User 298877 Photo

Ambassador
292 posts

Hi Michele,

I use CC DFTP all the time and I can't say I have ever had issues with transfer speeds. Try experimenting with the menu "Actions->Transfer Mode". Try binary instead of ASCII.

As for the delete or backspace key in the editor, you should get the latest release which is v6.9 build 2014.
In this release, the backspace and delete keys repeat if held down.
The newest version is always available from https://www.coffeecup.com/help/myproducts/.

Regarding highlighted code that you wish to move, use the standard shortcut CTRL-X to cut and CTRL-V to paste. (CTRL-C is copy if you should need that instead of cut).

Dave :)
User 122152 Photo

7 posts

Thanks Dave! Wish I had asked sooner... M:|
User 298877 Photo

Ambassador
292 posts

Glad to help Michele,

I'm interested to know, did the transfer mode experimenting improve the ftp efficiency for you?

Dave :)
User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

Not sure if this has come up before (to many threads to read!) but it would be nice if the program had an option to 'shut down' when transfers are complete. If you have a large number of files to upload then it would be nice to start and go to bed while it worked, then have it shut down the program ( or the computer for that matter) when complete.
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
https://sadduck.com
User 2798367 Photo

1 post

You send me all these emails about web designers and such but all I want is my FTP program to be able to synchronise from my hard disk where I save my files for upload via your otherwise fabulous Direct FTP to my host server but sometimes there are only a couple of changes and it would be fabulous if Direct FTP could actually check and synchronise the small changes that have been made and upload them to the server. But while there are all these are fabulous things you can do according to my emails from you with web design forms and such, you have not yet sent me any information about any wonderful new application of being able to synchronise to Direct FBT. I hope you can figure this out soon.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,454 posts
Online Now

Roseanne, you are posting in a user-to-user forum, and the people here don't send out any emails. Please contact CoffeeCup support.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 162630 Photo

14 posts

Suggestion: FTP needs a feature to set a time offset in hours so the server side shows the local time of a file upload.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

LKW wrote:
Suggestion: FTP needs a feature to set a time offset in hours so the server side shows the local time of a file upload.

It has that now. Edit your FTP settings and go to More Options. You will see Modification Time settings you can control.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 122152 Photo

7 posts

Love CoffeeCup Direct FTP. Use it for web page creation, editing and file transfer... what a workhorse! Would love it if I could highlight a string of code and then be able to move it to a new spot with cursor. Is that a possibility? Right now I have to highlight, cut, then open new space, then paste. Just using the cursor would save a lot of time and energy.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.