Direct FTP - Post ID 8088

User 314722 Photo

16 posts

Hello

I have been trying to install the FTP program on my new laptop (Windows Vista Home Premium) but although it appears to download and install ok, it does not work when I try to run it, and comes up with a weird message that includes the words "child killed" !!

Does it not work with Vista, or is there a problem that anyone knows about? Thanks
Eloise
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Try running it as administrator and see if that helps.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 314722 Photo

16 posts

Yes, I was logged in as administrator - the main HTML editor etc all started fine, just the FTP I have the problem with - it's installing fine, just not working and doing nothing when clicked on.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Right click on the short-cut for the program and select run as administrator.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 314722 Photo

16 posts

Thanks for reply. I tried that too, but it still does nothing at all. Is anyone else having problem with it on Vista? The laptop is new and clean, so it shouldn't be clashing with anything else.

Eloise
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

I use it with Vista Home Premium with no issues. Got any firewall or anti-virus software running?
User 314722 Photo

16 posts

Thanks for the reply Scott. I am running Norton 360, but have tried disabling it for install and for running, and no better. From the other thread, it seems that someone else is getting exactly the same message about Child Killed Sigabrt, and same problem, so hopefully it will be resolved soon. I'll put a support ticket in if I can't get it working in the next couple of days.
Eloise

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.