Suggestions for CoffeeCup Visual Site...

User 104702 Photo

293 posts

Hi Scott,

The ability to insert user-made (javascript?) extensions (or plug-ins). See for instance http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/extensions.html . If this would be possible, a lot of other requests could be skipped. There are so many free javascript code snippets around for all kinds of functionality.
John van Hulst
User 104702 Photo

293 posts

Hi Scott,

Look also here: http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/extension_builder.html
John van Hulst
User 414501 Photo

564 posts

Scott,

I know I mentioned this somewhere at some point, but I just want to make sure it gets heard. VSD really compresses things too much (as does Firestarter and most other CC softwares). I just built another site with VSD over the weekend and used some shadow text against a color background. The only color combination that doesn't look slightly "fuzzy" and "blurry" online is black against white. I realize that when effects are added to text it becomes an image, but the image is compressed way too much. Text and photos. I hope whatever new software you have in the works to replace VSD that you guys keep this in mind, or at least include an option for the software to just leave the graphics alone for the advanced web designers who prefer to optimize the graphics ourselves.

Thanks! And I'm REALLY looking forward to whatever you guys have in the works :P
Chad Spillars
"Look I finally made myself a signature!"
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Chad Spillars wrote:
Scott,

I know I mentioned this somewhere at some point, but I just want to make sure it gets heard. VSD really compresses things too much (as does Firestarter and most other CC softwares). I just built another site with VSD over the weekend and used some shadow text against a color background. The only color combination that doesn't look slightly "fuzzy" and "blurry" online is black against white. I realize that when effects are added to text it becomes an image, but the image is compressed way too much. Text and photos. I hope whatever new software you have in the works to replace VSD that you guys keep this in mind, or at least include an option for the software to just leave the graphics alone for the advanced web designers who prefer to optimize the graphics ourselves.

Thanks! And I'm REALLY looking forward to whatever you guys have in the works :P

We are looking into this for the next update. It doesn't do it for all images, just certain ones added with a specific set of options. We are trying to track what those are.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1970960 Photo

20 posts

How about a tmeplate feature allowign you to make a master page and then use this and any changes beeing updated across the website pages without having to edit the same things on every page.
Mark Harrington
Christian Magician & All Age Communicator
www.illusistration.com or www.facebook.com/illusistration
User 414501 Photo

564 posts

Master borders are a great idea, I used to have these when I used NetObjects Fusion (before switching to VSD).

Also, when I import graphics they are never placed on the page at their actual pixel dimensions. I always have to do that manually. Could the next edition of VSD place graphics according to their native pixel dimensions? That would be awesome.

Thanks!
Chad Spillars
User 1984505 Photo

1 post

This has been out for a while now...
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) is looking to increase available resources for the development of HTML5 by discontinuing further development of XHTML
so I can't imagine why any company would expend energy on XHTML at this time. Coming soon :)

Actually, HTML 5 will have a version for those who use XHTML 1.0. XHTML is important for anyone using XML Applications. Thus, there will always be a version of XHTML. It just will not be XHTML 2. Plus, HTML 5 will not be complete for quite a while.
Kelly
User 1702932 Photo

5 posts

I dont know if this has already been suggested or not but here it goes. A problem with VSD is that everytime you make an update to a page or element, you need to upload the entire site all over again. This is extremely tedious. Instead it should save each page within the website as its own website with it's own 'files' folder so that if a change is made to a specific page, you can just update that page and upload only that page and its files and folders.
User 372605 Photo

34 posts

Totally agree, I have been saying that since I first purchased the program. I used to use Globalscape, in fact I still do for some sites, because it is so quick to make changes on, this takes a very long time. Hope you can get through to them...lol. My site:www.lastmountainkennels.com takes anywhere from 15 minutes for a change of simple a line of text, to an hour to make a few changes on different pages. I love what we can do with coffee cup I just don't think it is the most efficient program when it comes to uploading.
Hope the new version comes out soon with some changes that will improve this.
User 414501 Photo

564 posts

Speaking of uploading. Scott I wanted to mention that I think there may be a more efficient way to allow users to choose which site they would like to upload. The fact that the software doesn't show which FTP profile is selected on the screen (unless you open it up) makes it's too easy for this to happen:

1-You open site number one, make edits to site, select respective ftp profile, upload the updated site, and close the site.

2-Then you open site number two, make changes and, without thinking, you instinctively hit the "upload now" button without changing the profile. Now you have just uploaded the site for client 1 onto the web server for client 2! Oops!

I recognize that its no one's fault but my OWN if this happens (which it has before). But it might be better for the user if:

1-The FTP profile was visible on the button without having to click on it so the user is reminded which profile they are logged on to.

2-The FTP profile was associated with the .vnu file. So for example when you open site number one the software automatically selects the profile for site number one, and when you open site number two the software automatically selects the profile for site number two, and so on.

Thanks for considering my request :D
Chad Spillars

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.