Suggestions for CoffeeCup Visual Site...

User 423976 Photo

20 posts

Scott

The Lightbox/Colorbox/Thickbox integration into VSD will make a world of difference to us. And you said you're going to release a how-to article soon. I assume this will consist of instructions for adding code to the header and what-not.

My question is, should I wait for full VSD integration and how long might that be?

Because if I go ahead and monkey with code, won't I have to remove all that extraneous code once you update VSD?

I foresee hours of tedium.

Please advise.

Cheers
www.periwinkleflowers.com
An All CoffeeCup Site.
User 1970050 Photo

151 posts

I've been using VSD for a couple of days now and here are my observations and questions:

Why do we have to specify a page size? My website will have about 100 pages and all of them are different lengths. This should be automatic depending on the content.

I need to be able to add info to the top of a page and have all the items below automatically move down - like with a Word Processor, etc.

I can't copy formatting of tables, etc.

When copying and pasting from another document or web pages (outside of CC) I get some odd symbols that I have to remove manually. Why are the symbols there?

It would be nice to be able to insert a border around pictures and text boxes.

Need to be able to change the background color on text boxes.

Need to be able to change the link color on each page separately.

It's difficult to find the files once they are created. I'm putting them in a separate file that I have created, as that is what I'm used to doing, but this is going to be problematic, I think.

I've been using Dreamweaver, but the latest version is a real bear. I do like the simplicity of CC VSD, but guess I'm used to being able to do more with the program. I'm used Win XP. Haven't uploaded from CC yet.

Marilyn near Las Vegas

www.marilynweil.com - VSD, CCD pro, SCC pro
www.elioness.com (web graphics)
www.mdweil.com (travel photos)
User 423976 Photo

20 posts

Jessica McEwen wrote:
How about an option for colorbox or thickbox style popups for images? In VSD and also in Photo Gallery.
I want customers to be able to click on an image and see it in more detail, but I don't want a new tab to open, nor for them to leave the page they are currently viewing.

Scott Swedorski wrote:
We have been talking about this quite a bit lately. We are not sure if we are going to add it to VSD or find a way to add it to each of the Flash applications directly. Adding it to VSD seems the most logical.

We actually have an article we are working on to show users how to do just that and should have that ready in a week or so.

I hate to be a bother, but is this article still in the works?
An All CoffeeCup Site.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Yes, this is still in the works, but it is not really too difficult. In short, you add in the JavaScripts with the Add Files option, paste the CSS code into the header and then use the HTML Toolbox to call the colorbox around one of your object.

In short that is.... ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 472422 Photo

111 posts

Greetings all

Correcting the layering issue. I have added a SWFmenu with a z-index of 10000 but its sub menu's are hidden under the text box created in VSD.

Thanks

Tony
User 472422 Photo

111 posts

Adding an auto page length would be a good idea
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

Hi Anthony,
hey how did you make your menu?
sub directories look fine to me and they are out front.
Auto page would be great :)
what program is what i was asking.....

User 423976 Photo

20 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Yes, this is still in the works, but it is not really too difficult. In short, you add in the JavaScripts with the Add Files option, paste the CSS code into the header and then use the HTML Toolbox to call the colorbox around one of your object.

In short that is.... ;)

Right...so how about in long? This is VSD we're talking about, right? Where's the 'add files' option? How do I 'call' colorbor around my object?

I'm not slow, but if you look at my site, you'll see it is ALL CoffeeCup. ALL OF IT!

That it looks halfway decent is testament to your company's ability to live up to your mandate, but it should also be obvious I'm not a real web designer. :|
An All CoffeeCup Site.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

I hope soon. The process is a bit complex, which is why it has not been completed yet. I will see if I can wrap it up by the end of next week.

You can manually add files through the Settings Menu > Add Files
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 349923 Photo

89 posts

Scott,

Is making a keyboard shortcut for layer objects, on your list?

My designing as of late get into visual effects..and making multplit box and crap adds up.. but if I need an image to go down 12 layers.. I gotta use the mouse at the top menu and selects 'down' one layer each time till I get it.. a shortcut key for that would be sikk..

kk
If this is already in the works... my bad

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.