Suggestions for CoffeeCup Visual Site...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Snowman wrote:
So when will we see an update to VSD? Will the update have Master Pages and some of the other great suggestions that have been put up over the past year? (I'll pay for a Pro version but please give us some of these productivity tools.) Is there a poll setup anywhere for uses to vote on best features to add?

One thing I can say is VSD will never have a "master pages" type of feature. The software just wasn't designed for that type of functionality. As to other features, that we do not comment on until the software is released. When we get closer to the release, there will be posts in the forums looking for willing beta testers. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2256123 Photo

32 posts

No Master Pages? I've seen a number of people request it in various forms. Major bummer.:(
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Snowman wrote:
No Master Pages? I've seen a number of people request it in various forms. Major bummer.:(

Well we could make a Pro version to VSD and sell that for $129. If enough people commit to that, I am sure we can get that going.

Can I put you down for a copy? :)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2256123 Photo

32 posts

Scott,
We've had this conversation before. I will say it again, if VSD Pro has true productivity features, like Master Pages and some of the other recommendations, not just slick initial layout and design tools but tools for professional website of 50+ pages with the ability to make significant layout changes to multiple pages simultaneously (adding/ changing menus etc.) and some way to organize or manage content then yes, I will pay $129.

JS
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Eric Rohloff (Rolly) wrote:
Would $129 be an upgrade price or a whole new app.

Hrmm. Upgrade price sounds very promising. ;)
User 494996 Photo

65 posts

1 change, 1 time for every page is worth the upgrade cost alone! I dont understand the concept of master pages... but I caught that one and it sounded great!
---- Michelle K.
User 6748 Photo

4 posts

I'm new to VSD and just built my personal web site with it. I saw that you have several requests for naming objects. My main reason for naming objects is that I would like reuse them. My current site uses 408 files (objects created). I found that if I add or remove objects, VSD renames objects. This requires me to upload all 408 files on every change to the site because I don't know which ones were renamed automatically. By naming objects, I am hoping that you would present a list of named objects so that I could select and reuse them. This would reduce the number of files and disk space usage. Thanks for considering this request. It is really needed.
User 6748 Photo

4 posts

I like the idea of master pages. I would also like built in CSS and iframes tools. Yes, a PRO version would definitely be GREAT! I just created my personal site with VSD and was lamenting the visual capabilities of your old HTML Editor. So count me in on this poll as YES!!!
User 2227084 Photo

9 posts

Did anyone mention these two yet?
They aren't for NEW software programs but I want them added to the existing ones.

SCC PRO: I want a text box where my customer can type in a coupon code for a discount. I don't want to give a discount to each customer necessarily. Well, at least not all the time. I need a box for a specific code(s) given to select promoters so when their clients go through checkout and type in the code, I know who attracted that customer to my site. Would be nice to have this since I give free stuff to promoters after so many points are accumulated via the number of customers who buy.

VSD: I want a way to lock the background images so as I click the text boxes that are infront of the background image, I can change things without accidentally selecting the background image and inadvertently moving it or deleting it. Kinda like Photoshop where you can lock down a layer.

I hear the next Web Form version will have a way to take payments. That Rocks. I could use that too!
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Heidi,

Since I can't duplicate your original post here, can you please copy your post and post it in the appropriate programs the suggestions are for since it's nothing to do with New Programs please? Thanks and have a great night :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.