Suggestions for CoffeeCup Visual Site...

User 2093356 Photo

49 posts

OMG - the posts are crazy good - you have opened a can of worms. I'll keep my mouth shut. (yeah, that's a first, my friends would say).

ps. folks please keep the VSD price where it is . we don't want a $600 product. let's keep it under $100..

yes, a spell check feature would be nice for the retards who could not get past 8th grade spelling.
AndyF
User 2093356 Photo

49 posts

Hank Davidson wrote:
The older versions allowed you to open two instances of VSD at once. The newer on does not.
This was a great feature for swapping things from one project to the other. Anyway to fix it?

which OS are you running? there is a way.
AndyF
User 144555 Photo

21 posts

Hi Andy,

....Windows 7 (64bit)
User 2162503 Photo

1 post

Lots of great posts. One post I see time and again and noticed a need for within the first 10 minutes of designing my first site with VSD and see as being extremely useful would be the text wrap in boxes.

I'm trying to use bullet points to create a "Services" tree and have to create almost everyone line as its own text box in order to create the illusion of one paragraph.

And I am concerned now after reading some users say that some of those boxes won't keep their same alignment dependent on which browser.

Thanks for a great product for the price though.
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,186 posts

Jeff wrote:
Lots of great posts. One post I see time and again and noticed a need for within the first 10 minutes of designing my first site with VSD and see as being extremely useful would be the text wrap in boxes.

I'm trying to use bullet points to create a "Services" tree and have to create almost everyone line as its own text box in order to create the illusion of one paragraph.

And I am concerned now after reading some users say that some of those boxes won't keep their same alignment dependent on which browser.

Thanks for a great product for the price though.

You can do bullet point list. Click your text box then click object at the top of VSD. Now look at the object properties box to the right hand side. The bullet properties are there hidden right in the middle.:)
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 404575 Photo

887 posts

What about "find", and "replace" features for words within the text on a page? Every other Windows program has these.

It would also be nice to incorporate some other standard windows things. One example: If I select text and hit Ctrl-B, that causes text to become bold in Windows, or if it is bold, to become not bold. But if I do that in VSD, it deletes the text, which is super annoying, especially when it doesn't have a standard Windows undelete function.

Also, why doesn't it have justify for paragraphs of text? Other DTP and web design programs have it, and there's an html function for justifying a paragraph of text. Come on guys. :)

Melissa Rhiannon
OS Windows 10
User 404575 Photo

887 posts

Melissa Brookstone wrote:
What about "find", and "replace" features for words within the text on a page? Every other Windows program has these.

It would also be nice to incorporate some other standard windows things. One example: If I select text and hit Ctrl-B, that causes text to become bold in Windows, or if it is bold, to become not bold. But if I do that in VSD, it deletes the text, which is super annoying, especially when it doesn't have a standard Windows undelete function.

Also, why doesn't it have justify for paragraphs of text? Other DTP and web design programs have it, and there's an html function for justifying a paragraph of text. Come on guys. :)

Oh another thing. ( the edit function just gave me a 404 error on this post )

Why can't I edit or change the link colors within VSD, for example the acive link, link and hover colors? I have to use HTML Editor to do that?

Melissa Rhiannon
OS Windows 10
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

You have always been able to change link colors in VSD. Go into the standard settings for new pages to set that up.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 404575 Photo

887 posts

Oh ok, thanks. I didn't know it was there and couldn't find anything about link colors for visited links in the manual.
Melissa Rhiannon
OS Windows 10
User 271657 Photo

Ambassador
3,816 posts

How about some mobile device templates for VSD? :D
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. (Douglas Adams)
https://www.callendales.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.