Post your website here! - Page 99 -...

User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

Site looks nice to me. Good layout. Only thing that bugs me, and you may have designed it this way, is the home page slider. The border goes 3/4 way around. Just looks odd to me, and it may just be me.

Other than that, looks like your client is getting a pretty good site! Good job. :cool:
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
https://sadduck.com
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

@Booth,

Another very well done site, very pretty and the content is place so well. Nice Job!

One thing I would suggest is your little pull out text box on the left side should not have a transparent background as when it overlaps text on the page it meshes together and is hard to read.
User 603315 Photo

938 posts

Booth Kates wrote:
The completion of the website is still a few weeks away (waiting for better weather to take some usable photos), but I thought I would post now for any comments from the brethren. The site is for a local marina business owner who is unhappy with his current designer. He asked for some changes to his current site and was told that they would cost him $1500-$2000. He's already paying $140.00/month for hosting charges. Enter me. I had done business with them (owning a boat is no picnic) as a client. The owner called and asked if I could design a new site and logo. I submitted a few ideas and was hired. The general layout is complete and all pages have been created, however very few of the photos will be in the final version. I included pictures just to give the client an idea of what could be accomplished. So please disregard the photos, but evaluate everything else. If something seems screwy, let me know. Once the site is completed, I'll need to transfer to his new domain name, but will still host with my account on coffeecup. Thanks for any input.
pcmhs.coffeecup.com

OK I haven't read anyone else's comments I never do when it comes to reviewing web pages. All these type of things are subjective and as you Americans say this is my 2 cents :P
Anyway I like the colours, the layout, the slider is great really like that. Overall I would be pleased if I designed it so yeah a big thumbs up. Two things that not really keen on is on the left the "special events" but when it's opened it's quite beautiful, so it's a stick or twist thing, I'd keep it in there, maybe more subtle colour. The only other thing I don't like is the drop shadow effect text on the "boat rentals" and the other 3 boxes for me that doesn't work, as Oscar Wilde said "simplicity is genius" or was it Einstein who knows, who cares :P Yeah but your site is super duper :cool:
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Hey Booth Kates,

Excellent looking website! Every designer is different and every customer sometimes overrides what we designers think is best. Over all this site is 9.9 out of 10 for me. All that really matters is that you brought a product to your client that he is 100% happy with. If this is the case then don't change a dang thing!

If I was really pressed to make some constructive criticism I would say the opening paragraph on the home page is a bit large. Maybe consider shortening it and putting a learn more button that if someone was really interested in reading more about the company they will investigate. I think the slider is great, I love when I see something that hasn't really been seen alot with the boarder going only around the side and top, brilliant!

Love the special events button that follows the page as you scroll down. Also love those galleries on the secondary pages that flip as you hover.

The drop shadow in the boxes and various places on the website looks good but would look much better if you adjusted the distance to say like 1px or 2px. As is it looks a bit blurry when staring at it.

But as I said earlier if your client loves it don't change a thing. Well done man!
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 603315 Photo

938 posts

It's amazing how we all see things different because I think the opening paragraph is fine :cool: If we have to look that closely at sites none of us would stand.
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

G'kar wrote:
It's amazing how we all see things different because I think the opening paragraph is fine :cool: If we have to look that closely at sites none of us would stand.

Yea you're right Nigel, that's why I like posting some of my work because you can get a different perspective on a site your building that you wouldn't necessarily see yourself.

And its also why in a lot of cases its hard pressed to get some constructive criticism out of me. Like you said any site you look at someone can nit pick at little things here or there. That's a big reason i love these forums.

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
User 603315 Photo

938 posts

Steve wrote:
G'kar wrote:

Yea you're right Nigel, that's why I like posting some of my work because you can get a different perspective on a site your building that you wouldn't necessarily see yourself.

And its also why in a lot of cases its hard pressed to get some constructive criticism out of me. Like you said any site you look at someone can nit pick at little things here or there. That's a big reason i love these forums.

Steve I thought you had a big critic, it's called a wife :lol::D Yeah we have to try and reach a good standard but we can do the "perfect site" it doesn't exist because of personal preference and anything visual is very subjective. I'm forever complaining to Amazon.co.uk about their MP3 section it's absolutely ridiculous yet it's a massive player in the music market. I always try and see the good in other people's sites because there's so much work involved and when you go over the top in being critical you always know there's 3 fingers pointing back
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,181 posts

Steve wrote:
All that really matters is that you brought a product to your client that he is 100% happy with. If this is the case then don't change a dang thing!

I wish it was that easy. The hardest thing to do is to get your clients to make changes that will benefit their site.
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Eric Rohloff wrote:
Steve wrote:
All that really matters is that you brought a product to your client that he is 100% happy with. If this is the case then don't change a dang thing!

I wish it was that easy. The hardest thing to do is to get your clients to make changes that will benefit their site.

Oh I know! I struggle with this all the time.

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
User 603315 Photo

938 posts

You mean they are ever 100% happy :lol::P

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.