Post your website here! - Page 82 -...

User 2318732 Photo

21 posts

I wanted to make a simple site to show and eventually sell my artwork. VSD is a joy to work with so far.
Because I don't want to learn html, VSD is great, it's kinda like working in Illustrator.

my first site: seanroyalart.com

After working on that one I wanted to make a site that linked pages with little shapes and images and
no text links. I want it to be a fun, exciting experience finding them and seeing the pages not knowing what will show up.

second site: theroyality.com

thanks for looking!

keep up the great work Coffee Cup!!!!
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Sean,

Love the artwork, but...

I would highly suggest you take the movie off the home page, it locked up my browser for almost 45 seconds while it was loading and I'm on a pretty fast connection as well as a very good computer, so that means it's way slow for people on so so computers and bad internet connections. I would put it on a page of it's own and add a link to the menu for it.

Other than that it's a nice site and quite unique artwork :)
User 2318732 Photo

21 posts

Hi Jo Ann!

Thanks for looking at the site. Wow, 45 sec. is a while... I hope it was worth waiting for! haha
That is the first time anyone has mentioned that problem.
I made the files pretty small. Is there a way to keep it, but get it to load faster. There's not much more on the page. Maybe the mp3?

On most computers I've checked, it seems to open no problem.

thanks again...
User 2073552 Photo

1,625 posts

Sean, I was asked to download a plugin which is probably Quick Time so I did not get to watch the video. But anyway... Site looks good. I like most of the artwork as well! Keep it up and always expanding!
"An Apple doth not fall far from its tree, yet an orange does."

https://lbwebsitedesign.com - Responsive Web Design & Web Hosting Services.
http://helpsite.sirage.com - HTML5, CSS3 and CC Help Video Blog.
User 2318732 Photo

21 posts

SirAGE, thanks for the input. It's not really a video, just a gif of my drumset.

Maybe it was the mp3 player that needed Quick Time? You didn't miss much, just a mellow song.

I am always working on new art, so more to come!

thanks again,
Sean
User 104702 Photo

293 posts

Hi,

For all of you, some fun when you click on the question mark at www.johnvanhulst.com

Cheers, John
John van Hulst
User 2073552 Photo

1,625 posts

Love the comic strip! I can relate.
"An Apple doth not fall far from its tree, yet an orange does."

https://lbwebsitedesign.com - Responsive Web Design & Web Hosting Services.
http://helpsite.sirage.com - HTML5, CSS3 and CC Help Video Blog.
User 298877 Photo

Ambassador
292 posts

Using Visual Site Designer, The New Web Form Builder, Image Mapper and Web Image Studio I made this:
http://www.fixtronix.com

I now plan to figure out CoffeeCup Live Chat and use it too, but now it's time for a coffee :)
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Very Nice David, and welcome to the forums.

There is one major suggestion I need to make for your site though. Your images are almost all very pixelated. You may want to try to redo those images so they aren't so bad looking. Your site design is very nice and well done, changing those images to be a better quality will add a very nice look to your site. :)
User 298877 Photo

Ambassador
292 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
Very Nice David, and welcome to the forums.

There is one major suggestion I need to make for your site though. Your images are almost all very pixelated. You may want to try to redo those images so they aren't so bad looking. Your site design is very nice and well done, changing those images to be a better quality will add a very nice look to your site. :)

Hi Jo Ann,
Thanks for the compliment and I know about the images, it's down to something I have yet to understand! I made them all as .png images and they look great but when I ftp the site to my hosts server, the images would not load in Firefox or IE. So, I quickly opened each images and saved it as .jpg and then re-loaded them all in VSD. But, saving htem as .jpg degraded the image quality.

I don't have time right now, but this evening I intend to take the .png versions which are perfect, and try to make them perfect as .gif or .jpg.

Interestingly, if I load the site into my S-Drive using all .png images, it loads perfectly in IE & Firefox so this is where I am confused. My host for my domain must have something against .png images. I've opened a support ticket with them but I don't expect a quick or helpful response.

Thanks again for the feedback and I'm glad you like the layout etc. It took me quite some time to do using the various applications from Coffeecup but I was new to VSD having always used Coffeecup HTML editor, so there was a learing curve with VSD but now I have it all mastered :-)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.