Post your website here! - Page 20 -...

User 2246690 Photo

18 posts

Well here it is. frozeninthyme.com Feedback please???? How does it look, function?? Ignore the current menu page it is the old one that I have little impact on right now. Next step build a cart that matches the site and ge the menu posted there as catalog.
Thanks
Heather
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

Heather... love those crisp colour choices and the site concept... my only comment would be that on the home page I would have like to have seen all that lower (in the pile), left hand page image instead of the chopped off corner.
But that is it... generally I like very much what you have achieved.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Heather,

I too think the site is a great look for sure. I have issues with a lot of overlap on the pages though viewed in Firefox 3.6.3 (haven't updated this browser yet to the current version but it's still pretty close to current). Many areas overlap with images and text on the Class Schedule o the Classes page is outside of the page background you've chosen for it.

All looks much better viewed in IE8 and only 1 image is overlapping with text and that's on the about us page in the middle area on the right. Looks really nice there, but definitely there's issues with Firefox browser.
User 2246690 Photo

18 posts

Confused. I use firefox 3.6.11 on my mac book and it looks fine. My biz partner is using the most recent version of firefox on a pc and hers looks messed up as well. How does this happen and how do I fix it?
Heather
frozeninthyme.com
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Hiya Heather. I'm using the most recent version of firefox on a pc and it looks the same as IE for me. :)
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Strange, just upgraded my mom's computer and it's still overlapping text and menu's and images. I'll see if I can't get you a screen shot later. I don't have any FTP on this computer and waiting on son to pick me up so no time to install one, but I will do so later and show you what I see. :)
User 2213123 Photo

25 posts

Well it took a while from being non-technee to managing to get up a web page ! I decided to save money and move from my old web page and "master" who promptly would not transfer my .co.uk over to me ! So www.saithstud.com has been created.

I have no idea how to get it even noticed by google, but thats the next stage ! its up -- yahoo thanks to coffee cup !

Take care

H
www.saithstud.com
User 2135401 Photo

1 post

I bought the visual site designer about a month ago. Don't have any experience in creating websites, but the software did a nice job and was not hard to work with.

The site is for my wife's small restaurant/diner in Falls Church, VA. I am still working on it to fix some items, but it is 95% done.

Heres the Link: http://fairfaxinnrestaurant.com

User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

Hi James,
Nice and clean site, but be careful as those couple of horizontal lines on the middle left are causing some overlapping. Might not be the case on everyone's browser, but it should be avoided. Might mean having to lengthen your page a little... and perhaps reducing slightly the size of your font. It looks to me as if you are using a 16 px font, Arial - try taking that down to about 12 or 14.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya James,

Nice site, but... ya I know there's always a but lol.

The images, I would be very careful in using VSD to size them for you as some of them are a bit distorted, starting with your main banner for one which is overly widened, and I am pretty sure the top left image on your menu pages with the coffeecup on it looks too wide also.

There is also an image on the bottom left of your menu pages (not sure if that's on other pages) that seems to be missing. I think you may have one of your image links incorrect or an image that isn't loading correctly? It's around the pancakes in the bottom left corner.

Your menu needs a bit of attention also. Looks like maybe you have specified different widths for each menu item and it's extended farther than the image allows so the image is ending rather than flowing accross. This isn't consistent on all pages, so some pages don't look wrong and some do. Also there's a menu item 2nd to the last on the right that looks like it's not the same height as the rest and is therefore a bit higher than the rest. Also not consistent to all pages as some look that way and some don't.

Love the look though, you're definitely getting there, nice job :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.