Post your website here! - Page 15 -...

User 1930058 Photo

2 posts

This thread is really precious ! There are some awesome sites to look up to. I've been using CoffeCup templates mostly for my sites, so I won't post these links. What I want to share with you is my latest project, which I did in VSD on my own. I hope it looks neat on your screens as well ;-)

lewinow.com
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Igor,

The site seems to be coming along nicely. It's quite confusing though since I have cookies set on my computer to make them ask me for permission for every one at this time and hardly any of the content on your site is your own. Almost every single thing on the site leads you to something provided by someone else and omg I had to set like 20 cookies for the 3 pages I took a look at. Crazy 3rd party stuff if you ask me. It may work well though so that's just me saying wow that's a lot of external stuff for a site.

Other than that it looks nice enough, the front page has quite a large gap in the middle of it which I'm assuming is something going there or is there that's not working? Just a lot of space there that doesn't look right. I'm on Firefox most current version if that helps in case that space shouldn't be there.

Nice job for a first site working on your own with VSD though, keep up the good work :)
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

While waiting for the imminent pro cart to appear, i thought i would see what could be done in VSD to make a cart instead

Got a bit left to do, but baring in mind unlike most i do not have HUNDREDS of products, I will be interestd to here your thoughts

http://www.handmade-by-me.co.uk

Viv

Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Nice job Viv, and a great testimony on how professional a site can be with VSD for those out there thinking it's just a noob program :)

Nice work on your jewelry too, first time I've really taken a good look at what you do, you're a pretty talented person. :)
User 1930058 Photo

2 posts

Hi Jo Ann,

Thanks for the feedback ! I have embedded my half-baked slides, youtube videos, voicethreads and virtual classroom on different pages - do you think this cause the same 'cookies problem' for everyone ? Since this is a kind of a site to help online teachers, do you think it would be complicated for them to simply screensare these pages?

As for the front page, you are right - I am currently working on the video about how to use this site. I also made a http://lewinow.com/optinpage.html landing page, but don't know what to do with it (mind you, the empty space there is also waiting for a short intro video).

I'm still working on it, but it should be finished in two weeks' time as it was accepted yesterday to be presented at Virtual Round Tablehttp://www.virtual-round-table.com/even … ound-table" class="bb-url"> http://www.virtual-round-table.com/even … ound-table on 9th October. I am sooooo happy!
cheers,
Marina
(Igor's wife :))
Jo Ann wrote:
Hiya Igor,

The site seems to be coming along nicely. It's quite confusing though since I have cookies set on my computer to make them ask me for permission for every one at this time and hardly any of the content on your site is your own. Almost every single thing on the site leads you to something provided by someone else and omg I had to set like 20 cookies for the 3 pages I took a look at. Crazy 3rd party stuff if you ask me. It may work well though so that's just me saying wow that's a lot of external stuff for a site.

Other than that it looks nice enough, the front page has quite a large gap in the middle of it which I'm assuming is something going there or is there that's not working? Just a lot of space there that doesn't look right. I'm on Firefox most current version if that helps in case that space shouldn't be there.

Nice job for a first site working on your own with VSD though, keep up the good work :)
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Well not everyone had their cookies turned to the setting that you have to allow every single one like I do right now. I usually don't do that either actually, but prior to installing Windows 7 I always had a ton of spyware cookies (mostly just tracking cookies nothing major) so I decided to try it this way and see if that still happens. So far, not a single spyware lol so I guess it's working.

Most people have it set to accept in Firefox (that's the browser I'm using at the moment) and I typically have it set to accept the main site cookies but to ask or reject any 3rd party ones on IE. That would be an issue if anyone else has that same type of setting for IE that I usually do. I usually make it ask for adding any 3rd party cookies and your site is 80% 3rd party cookies so that opens a lot of them for me.

I love the idea of your site though, all the good things rolled up into one Portal basically and that's a great idea to get people to the places that can help them the best. Keep up the good work :)
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

Garrett... hope you don't mind my picking up on this, but check out a few spellings. I notice a couple on your home page...
vineyards and liqueur come to my attention, assuming you are talking about high sugar content alcoholic fortified wine specialities and not just liquour.
There may be differences between the US English and UK English to be taken into consideration, in which case my apologies if I have this wrong.
On the whole a very attractive, clean and professional looking site. I wish you well with that.
User 1861272 Photo

339 posts

Jewelcraft wrote:
While waiting for the imminent pro cart to appear, i thought i would see what could be done in VSD to make a cart instead

Got a bit left to do, but baring in mind unlike most i do not have HUNDREDS of products, I will be interestd to here your thoughts

http://www.handmade-by-me.co.uk

Viv

Viv-
Very nice site, one of the best I've seen. Great Job.
Tim
User 323757 Photo

7 posts

This is my business web site. www.propmancpm.com I'm currently in the middle of revamping it. This web site has worked very well for us.

I've also built a web site for the Tae Kwon Do school I attend. I am redoing it as well, it has a ton of mistakes. www.dragonflytkd.com

After I uploaded the TKD site images moved around on me and overlapped in few places

Rich
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

Hi Rich
In the TKD site, there is some bleeding and overlapping in the little contact box on the right. It might be sufficient just to increase the size of that box a little. I am looking on a 1400 x 900 resolution, Firefox browser.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.