Post your website here! - Page 7 -...

User 562592 Photo

2,038 posts

I thought the site was great. I am currently viewing it on a pretty old computer, and I am so surprised that it loaded as quickly as it did, since your graphic is so large. Well done on the optimization.
The philosopher has not done philosophy until he has acted upon the mere conviction of his idea; for proof of the theory is in the act, not the idea.

My Web Development Company: http://www.innovatewebdevelopment.com (Created with Coffee Cup Software).

My Personal Website: http://www.EricSEnglish.com

User 2056657 Photo

15 posts

Love, love this:

www.camdendigital.com

Here is mine:
www.bikramyoganatick.com

one or two things still need fixing, but you get the idea...

best,
yd
User 373928 Photo

141 posts

I use Coffee Cup Visual Site Designer to maintain the web site for my band, Uphill. (Except for the Uphill Store, which is a free site for e-tail.)

Here is the link: http://www.uphilltheband.com/
I have an inferiority complex - but it is not a very good one.
User 1871531 Photo

49 posts

This is my first website using VSD. The previous website I created was built in Netscape Navigator back in the '90's.

http://www.chisagocountyhistory.org/

If anyone has time to critique the design and the pages, I welcome the feedback. There were compromises that I made to accommodate the clients vision, and I would be interested to know if these 'stick out' and should be changed.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Bass4 & Robert,

Nice sites, not much I can say for you Robert, very well done indeed, and wow a lot of work went into all that information, good job!

Bass I have some suggestions for you:

Change your background to not repeat, center it and add either a vanilla type color or brownish color as the main background color for the background image you are currently using. The repeating feature of it looks very strange.

Once you have centered the background with a single image rather than repeating it will be much easier to place your images and text so they fit into various areas of the page such as the emblems at the top on each side can fit nicely into the brown side areas and so on.

Alter your main content text to fit inside the white center area once you have the site centered. This will look much better than having it sprawled across the entire page giving it a much more readable level of eye comfort as well as a more professional look.

You're doing great though for sure, my brother has a band also that he makes his own website for, fun stuff!
User 516374 Photo

6 posts

We're developers of eLearning and Interactive Training. Just wanted something simple, informative and professional. There were a few things I couldn't do with Visual Site Designer, but overall VSD worked great.

http://www.lacorteco.com/

Regards,

Sandy
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Sandy,

Very nicely done, well placed items and good use of the form builder within VSD also. Good job :)
User 192897 Photo

325 posts

Hi, i just released a new site and would like feedback from other designers/developers in order to keep improving. It's for a self-published author who wanted her podcasts on the internet to help sell her books and give her more exposure

thanks!

juliekushner.com
There is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress. MARK TWAIN

www.juliekushner.com
www.beercoastermania.com
www.phi-scsc.com
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

@George: Looking good, images need a little work or something on the edges of the players so the white corners don't stick out, not sure how that all works as I haven't used that program much at all. Your client's books are a bit boring looking, not much really to look at at all so that doesn't really add anything good to the site, just a couple boring images unfortunately, but not much you can do about that part, but you might pass that message on to her that nice looking covers play a big roll in enticement of books to the readers. Site looks nice, Good job :)

@Nick: Also very nice, but your menu needs some attention as it seems to be not quite fully linked. Basically the area around the words don't seem to have links on them only around the words, very awkward trying to use it.
Another thing that might add some more functionality to your site would be to incorporate an actual live Form for your leasees to use for their maintenance rather than a PDF to print out? CC's Form Builder is pretty slick and would do a form in what you need pretty nicely. This way you could offer them to fill the form out right there on your website and also offer them the PDF download if they don't want to do the online thing. Gives you 2 ways to request for repairs.

Other than that it's nice, good job. :)
User 192897 Photo

325 posts

Thanks Jo Ann, appreciate the feedback. Her books are self-published by a printer (when hard copy is needed) and to keep her costs down and the purchaser, she went with generic covers.

Thanks Again
There is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress. MARK TWAIN

www.juliekushner.com
www.beercoastermania.com
www.phi-scsc.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.