Suggestions for Bootstrap Builder -...

User 2864305 Photo

4 posts

Why? I am already working with the latest version of Bootstrap. So, if I can't use the latest version of it with the software then the software is not interesting to me. In that case I stay with hand made coding.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

DeltaOS wrote:
Why? I am already working with the latest version of Bootstrap. So, if I can't use the latest version of it with the software then the software is not interesting to me. In that case I stay with hand made coding.

As releases to the Bootstrap framework are posted, lots of testing still needs to be performed before we include it with Bootstrap Builder. Alpha 6 is a massive release (and less than a week old) which will require time and effort for us to make sure there are no problems with the integration with our software. We cannot just add a new version, build an installer and pray for the best. ;)

So with that, be patient. We will get there. ;-)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2864305 Photo

4 posts

Thank you for sharing the information with me. Can you give a time frame when it'll be integrated? Like 2 months or 3 months or so? That would help me a lot to decide to buy the Bootstrap Builder now and just hold on to it until I can use it.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

DeltaOS wrote:
Thank you for sharing the information with me. Can you give a time frame when it'll be integrated? Like 2 months or 3 months or so? That would help me a lot to decide to buy the Bootstrap Builder now and just hold on to it until I can use it.

That I cannot say with any certainty but I would think 3 months would be more than enough time. We will know more once our coding-gurus dig into the release notes.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2821938 Photo

17 posts

That I cannot say with any certainty but I would think 3 months would be more than enough time. We will know more once our coding-gurus dig into the release notes

hello,
You mean the alpha 6 bootstrap version? There is a stable update for BB in the next few weeks?
And a couple of more questions
Do you have any plans to add content management systems to any of your products? To the style as it currently has blocs app Which works directly with Pulse OCtober and Surreal CMS?Personally I'm enjoying every day more working with BB (and that was pretty skeptical with your product)If you also had the possibility of CMS would be something incredible your product.You also have in the future plans to make extensions for the products? Like what does Adobe Muse have?I believe from my point of view can be very interesting.
User 303390 Photo

97 posts

The new Nav Breadcrumb needs a minor change...

The last part of the breadcrumb is obviously the page you are on and as such should not have a link (see bootstrap docs).
In the component, change the link-text to a text-element with breadcrumb-item and active classes and adjust the typography properties. The active changes the color of that part of the breadcrumb.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Webby wrote:
The new Nav Breadcrumb needs a minor change...

The last part of the breadcrumb is obviously the page you are on and as such should not have a link (see bootstrap docs).
In the component, change the link-text to a text-element with breadcrumb-item and active classes and adjust the typography properties. The active changes the color of that part of the breadcrumb.

Thank you for pointing that out. We will have that corrected in the next release.
User 2846109 Photo

Ambassador
341 posts

On the Inspector Pane in the CSS (Read-Only) window it would be great if we could see a small swatch of color next to any colors that are listed in the CSS. Maybe a small circle or square the same px height of the text that is the same color of the listed color.

Kind of like the way Pigments handles the Marker Type Dot or Square-Dot.
https://atom.io/packages/pigments

This could help us make sure we have the correct items selected when picking elements in the Inspector tree.
http://www.pixelandpoly.com/ (built with Bootstrap Builder)
Video Tutorials - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQMcF0 … EKA/videos
The Universe from A to Z - https://universeatoz.com/ (built with Foundation Framer)
User 2847388 Photo

13 posts

In the Text Edit Mode, it only allows one class. I tried adding the Bootstrap class "dropdown-toggle" with the "nav-link" class I already added to it, and it would show up, but once I close it and reopen the Text Edit Mode, the "dropdown-toggle" class disappears. Should it allow more than one class? Or is it because I am using Bootstrap 4? I am trying to add a dropdown menu to the Photos link within the navbar, but without the dropdown-toggle I can't get it to work. I was just going to edit the code after I exported the site to include the second class and the rest of the menu items, but thought I would bring this up incase it was something that needed to be fixed.
Attachments:
User 2093190 Photo

115 posts

I have no problems with more than one class in Text Edit Mode. It's maybe a problem if you have had other classes defined before. Then, reset the format (press Reset-Button) and start again using the classes you need.
Attachments:
puncto – grafik & marketing
D - 69126 Heidelberg
https://www.puncto.info
Actually you´ll find my work here: https://puncto.coffeecup.com/

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.