Web calendar - Post ID 231836

User 2597894 Photo

Trial User
1 post

I have tried the trial and think it may work for what we need but would like to confirm this. I have a situation where there are two or at most 3 people who want to be able to use a collaborative calendar that can be access from multiple platforms.
they have everything from a blackberry to an I-Pad and all the in-betweens (laptops, I-phones, other smartphones etc.)
all are capable of internet access. The WANTED to do this in Outlook (any version) but I have tried every possible combination I can think of with little or no success. Eventually one or more of the appointments will be overwritten, corrupted, duplicated, show at the wrong time (due to one person who lives in EST with the rest in CST) and when these errors occur there is no way to track down who did what to which. (It is my personal belief that RIM Blackberry is the culprit but I cannot prove it)
I brought up the concept of a Web calendar before and had it turned down cold. The wanted Outlook ONLY.
I MAY have finally convinced them that they MUST have some common ground for all these devices to be able to work together without using any "proprietary" software to red and make changes.
What I am NOT sure of is how I would accomplish this with your software. It does look and work very much like the calendar in outlook. They would want it to be able to have appointments for at least these two people be on a single calendar (OR a single calendar VIEW) I have managed to accomplish this in outlook by overlaying a calendar for one person on top of a calendar for the other person creating a "view" which would show the appointments for both on any given date and time with one person being RED and the other GREEN. Outlook takes care of not putting things such that an appointment for one would cover up the other by aligning them for visibility.
BUT
Outlook wont run correctly on all cellphones (not even Outlook 365) so this trick only works on laptops.
I am not able to tell if I could accomplish this in some way with your product (I sure hope so!)
Thanks for any info

Mike
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Mike,

I think you are confUsing a collaborative calendar with Coffeecup's Web Calendar. The CC calendar is for putting on web pages to "display" only, it's not meant to be used as a collaborative one. If you are looking for a way to seamlessly do a collaborative one you should try Google's calendar system. It can integrate flawlessly with Outlook as well as most cell phones and tablets.

I used it on my iMac desktop (previously on a Windows 7 PC) and I sync it with my iPad tablet and my Samsung Galaxy S 4 phone and have no issues with it. You can have one person set up an account for it or use one that you have been using already, create the calendar and then set up the shared people to have management staus and you can all edit it to your hearts content without overlapping or overwriting each other.

Hope that helps :)
User 2524208 Photo

1 post

I'm using Web Calendar and have for some time.
I upload the files through DreamWeaver instead of using the publish to web feature.
It recently started displaying online on the February 2014 page instead of the current month.
Any suggestions on how I can get it to get back to doing current month when it start up?

I'm using version 5.1 build 20 (registered version)
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Hi Woody,

In my experience this has happened when i forgot to upload the files to the server. You may find using the built in ftp uploader in the Calendar software. Since I started doing that I never had an issue again.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.