So lost... - Post ID 262405

User 2699991 Photo

4,805 posts
Online Now

what is the domain name
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2817002 Photo

14 posts

Sher wrote:
Wayanjaya wrote:
who are you using for hosting at the moment

and what is the domain name for your site

I dont have it hosted anywhere. :/

vintonwarmemorial.com (the old site - on Go Daddy)
"May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds."
~ Edward Abbey
User 2699991 Photo

4,805 posts
Online Now

So that's where your domain is hosted you must put your new web-site there unless you move your domain to another hosting service of course it won't work anywhere else.

So you just need to upload your new site via a FTP app to over-write the old site, using whatever the FTP settings were for your old site.

STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2699991 Photo

4,805 posts
Online Now

I can see a problem,

Seems that you let the old domain name expire on the 7th Sept 2015.

It is still hosted and registered to Go-Daddy (and still active)

It is a bit late to get it back easily now but is possible even at this stage to get it back. You will have to contact Go-Daddy and get them to start the procedure to retrieve the domain name. www.vintonwarmemorial.com. It probably won't be available for registering for another few months.

If you want to start again you need to register a new domain name www.*********************.com then have it hosted with another hosting provider, who will give you the FTP settings required to load your web-site files onto their server.

1and1.com are pretty good and reasonably priced and very good customer support, can usually get it going within a few hours.
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2817002 Photo

14 posts

Wayanjaya wrote:
I can see a problem,

Seems that you let the old domain name expire on the 7th Sept 2015.

It is still hosted and registered to Go-Daddy (and still active)

It is a bit late to get it back easily now but is possible even at this stage to get it back. You will have to contact Go-Daddy and get them to start the procedure to retrieve the domain name. www.vintonwarmemorial.com. It probably won't be available for registering for another few months.

If you want to start again you need to register a new domain name www.*********************.com then have it hosted with another hosting provider, who will give you the FTP settings required to load your web-site files onto their server.

1and1.com are pretty good and reasonably priced and very good customer support, can usually get it going within a few hours.

Thank you for your help! :)
"May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds."
~ Edward Abbey

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.