Image file location - Post ID 275378

User 2885215 Photo

3 posts

Hello,

I just recently purchased and started using CoffeeCup HTML Editor Version 15.4 Build 801, so I'm very new.

I just finished a web page (did not do a "Website Project") for a friend and am trying to FTP the page to him so he can mount it on his server.

I've located and have access to the HTML script file but I cannot locate where all of the associated image files are kept. If anyone can assist it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Bill
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

The path to the associated files will be where you have put them. When I use the Editor -without creating a project - I usually keep all my files in a folder with subfolders for css, js, images, forms etc. And I make sure that the files I need actually are located in those subfolders, that is, I copy/paste them there before I start using them.
If you did not do it this way, the files might in the worst case be spread all over your computer. You need to look at the code and see where you have them, and then I would create those subfolders, put the files into them and change the path in the code.
When you're done, I'd zip up the whole site and mail it to your friend, alternatively pop it into your dropbox and give him/her the url. the best way is to leave it to your friend to ftp the files to the server, unless you have got access to that server, that is.

Actually, that is what projects are good for: they collect all your associated files for you and keep them right where you have your site.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2885215 Photo

3 posts

Hi Inger,

Thank you for your response.

Okay, I think I got it. I relocate the associated files to a designated folder and then associate them to the HTML script, copy the script and place in same folder and then send entire folder to friend.

I had though about using the "Website Project" but seeing it wasn't going to 'my' server I opted not to.

Thanks again,
Bill
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Just a wee warning: If you are intending to pop all the files into one and the same folder, it might soon get messy if this is a big site. Better to place the images in one subfolder, called, say images', the js scripts in 'js' etc.

I wasn't sure how you were planning it... :)
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2885215 Photo

3 posts

It's just a single simple web page.
I did put everything into a single folder and tested with my browser, everything worked fine.
I just emailed it all as attachments and instructed him to create the same folder in his C drive.
It's all up to him now.

Thanks again :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.