Bootstrap Builder, Foundation Framer,...

User 2027822 Photo

1 post

How does Bootstrap Builder, Foundation Framer, Responsive Site Designer compare with each other?
Can someone explain how each of these programs differs and how they would be used?
Is any better than the others for certain things?

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,454 posts

They do the same thing, help you to make nice, responsive website design with a mobile-first approach. If you are considering buying one of them, I'd go for Responsive Site designer. The reasons for that:
RSD has the framework of the two other ones incorporated. When opening RSD, you will have to choose if you want to use the Foundation or Bootstrap system for your site. And there are built-in building blocks for both systems.
RSD has, in the latest version, become much more developed than the other two. In all three you can save a chunk of your design as a 'component' and reuse it on another page of the same site, but in RSD you have the possibility to upload those components to a library, so that you can use them for different sites too.
RSD is packed with other features that you don't find in the other two progs, especially transitions and image presentations.

It will be up to you which one you choose. If you want to build just one website for yourself, one of the other two will do ok, but if you reckon that you will be creating more sites, I recommend RSD. Anyway, whichever you go for, we are a nice bunch of people here in the forum. If you get stuck, just yell! ;)
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

David I can attest to what Inger said about all the nice people here, I needed help alot and just asking they are there to help!
Thanks again Inger and everyone else for ALL the help.
Ray
Ray aka Kreations
Since 1994 Chocolate bar wrappers for all occasions.
Since 1972 helping clients help "Discover Their Dream Vacation"

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.