Website Insight won't scan website -...

User 373435 Photo

114 posts

Hi,

I purchased v. 2.1 & everything was fine. I installed v. 3 to "try" it. After the trial period expired I uninstalled it & reinstalled v. 2.1. When I try to scan my website I get nothing. It sits there & then comes up with "storage error. path not found". There is plenty of "storage" on my computer so not sure what it is talking about. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

If you saved your project in version 3.0, you most likely cannot go back to 2.0. You can always migrate forward, but migrating backward will not work. Try creating a new project file in 2.1 and see if that helps.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 373435 Photo

114 posts

I didn't save my project. I wanted to do a new scan but it won't scan. I don't get any info at all.
Scott Swedorski wrote:
If you saved your project in version 3.0, you most likely cannot go back to 2.0. You can always migrate forward, but migrating backward will not work. Try creating a new project file in 2.1 and see if that helps.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Have you tried rebooting?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 373435 Photo

114 posts

Yes, Just did. Still won't scan site. :(

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Have you tried rebooting?
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

That error is coming from the operating system and not Website Insight.

My only suggestion then would be to check the following:

1. DEP (disable it). Can be enabled later.
2. UAC (disable it). Can be enabled later.
3. Check all firewall applications.
4. Check all security programs.
5. Try running the application as Administrator (right click and select Run as Administrator).
User 373435 Photo

114 posts

Hi Scott,

Still nothing. Any word on the "upgrade" price? I'll wait for that & go from there.

Scott Swedorski wrote:
That error is coming from the operating system and not Website Insight.

My only suggestion then would be to check the following:

1. DEP (disable it). Can be enabled later.
2. UAC (disable it). Can be enabled later.
3. Check all firewall applications.
4. Check all security programs.
5. Try running the application as Administrator (right click and select Run as Administrator).
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

I would have to say then you still have something wrong with your operating system that you need to address.

We probably will make an announcement this weekend for upgrade options for registered customers.
User 373435 Photo

114 posts

I'm stumped on that one because nothing changed from when I first bought v 2.1 to trying v. 3 to going back to v 2.1. But thanks for your help. :)

Scott Swedorski wrote:
I would have to say then you still have something wrong with your operating system that you need to address.

We probably will make an announcement this weekend for upgrade options for registered customers.
User 373435 Photo

114 posts

Ok, I un-installed v. 2.1 & checked the registry. I thought if you delete a program the registry files are also deleted? It was still there so I deleted the registry files. (normally I don't mess with the registry) anyway I re-installed using IE instead of Firefox (don't know if that had anything to do with it), but I did a run instead of a save. Anyway it works.

Robin L wrote:
I'm stumped on that one because nothing changed from when I first bought v 2.1 to trying v. 3 to going back to v 2.1. But thanks for your help. :)

Scott Swedorski wrote:

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.