Someone Please Help me Get Started...

User 2388388 Photo

129 posts

Oh man... I'm getting cross eyed...

Why do the examples here not have Parentheses?

http://us3.php.net/manual/en/function.include.php

Thanks again!!
User 2212523 Photo

88 posts

Good point! It looks like my teacher has taught me a bad habit :o After some research, it seems that you don't need to use the parentheses in this instance, as it's not a function.

Awesome! Thanks for bringing that to my attention :D

User 2388388 Photo

129 posts

Do you think I should keep using them in this instance? Won't it make my page more all around "compliant" or would you think it smart to start removing the ()'s that I've been laying down.

Going back is no worries... I'm only about 10 pages done WITH ()'s now.

Take 'em out? leave em' in? I know very little PHP. Very little so I wouldn't have a clue which is more standards compliant.

I'm guessing without the ()'s but you know a lot more about this than I and infact I've seen every combination imaginable of Parentheses, Double Quotes, Single Quotes and Combinations of the preceding withOUT Parentheses :D

Whew... I'll be glad when I get this one nailed down.

Thanks again Man!!
User 2212523 Photo

88 posts

Although I'm still reading up on using the php include without parentheses, it looks like it's best not to include them. See what I did there? :cool: If you decide to leave the ones you have, I'm sure that'd be fine. The only real difference I can see happening is a very slightly larger file.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.