Image thumbnails and enlargements -...

User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

Kristi,
if you look in the "visuallightbox.css file ( you can open it in notepad) find this:
#lightbox{
position:absolute;
top:20px;
left:0;
width:100%;
z-index:100;
text-align:center;
color:#000000;
line-height:0;
}

where it says color change it there I believe.:)

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Yep like Bruzer says, all the styling info for the visual lightbox is in the 2 CSS files that it creates for you to upload. These are very adjustable but make sure you pay attention to what it's adjusting as it can mess it up too if you're not careful lol, just ask me I'll tell ya! *goes back and readjusts it some more to see if that fixes it or not* LOL j/k :P

Mostly just look at the code for the lightbox, and find the tag that is set for that text area or that photo area or whatever it is you want to change, then find it in the CSS files and you should be able to change colors, images, etc. to what you want :)
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

HI,
On another note to this thread, if you open the visuallightbox.js file in notepad, under edit select find, then type"VisualLightBox.com" you can replace their link that is on the images with your website...:)

User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

Kristi... it isn't enough to change color... you have to change the colours for your links because I assume the titles and text are actually links to the product details etc. right?
User 2077347 Photo

158 posts

I haven't had time to sit down and try it yet. But no, I don't have product details separately, it's just a title.
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

All the titles under my thumbnails are also links. I suspect that yours will be the same.
Check this page...
http://www.artycraftycreations.com/shop/viewcategory.php?groupid=21
I assume we are talking about the SCD Pro... right? If so, you can change globabl link properties in the page properties I think.
User 2077347 Photo

158 posts

Hmmm, not sure if I'm doing this right. Should I be able to see it correctly in a preview in VSD?
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

Kristi you should be able to see your images in preview!

User 2077347 Photo

158 posts

Crap, I don't know what I'm doing wrong then!
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

do you have this code in the head section of your page?
<link rel="stylesheet" href="engine/css/vlightbox1.css" type="text/css" />

<link rel="stylesheet" href="engine/css/visuallightbox.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />

<script src="engine/js/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="engine/js/visuallightbox.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="engine/js/vlbdata.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.