Any ideas how I can do this? - Page 2...

User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

I am repeating what I sent Simon just in case someone else would like to do something similar. It is just an alternate method to a slideshow arrangement that should be easy to maintain as the text and images can be uploaded as is and will be used in the display. So if anyone else wishes to have the script just contact me and I will add you to the list and send the bits and bobs when completed.

How it will work:
The image and text will be referenced by php variables that will on refresh point to the address where they are held. So to upload create the images of a set size and upload them as Image1,Image2 etc
the same goes for the text Text1, Text2 etc The script included on the page will change text and image on a predetermined cycle. I am using a Text Area to input the text set to read only The image holder is a just a img tag with the php variable as the URL

This is pretty simple and will I think do what you want. Plus the text does not have to be an image as with a slide show.

What I have attached is just the concept showing a possible display, Only static at this stage dynamics added next, a bit of prettying up will be required. I will wait for your comments Simon Plus to finish I need some text samples and images to go with each bit of news and where it is to go.
I will do it so you can understand how it works and can make mods yourself to change in the future.

The Guy from OZ

User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

Well here is what I would do. This is just to demonstrate the solution. The image size needs adjusting to make the update fast. *removed link since the page was removed that it linked to*
The Guy from OZ

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Prism wrote:
Well here is what I would do. This is just to demonstrate the solution. The image size needs adjusting to make the update fast.

I can't count how many ways that code is incorrectly setup :P
User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

Ok Jo Could you delete my post I will withdraw my solution
The Guy from OZ

User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,181 posts
Online Now

What part is wrong Jo. It's PHP which you can't even see the actual code he's using to write the results.:)
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

the style tags are wrong which I've been discussing with him in emails over the past week to try to get him to update his knowledge on CSS tags. Mostly it's outdated stuff, and some misspelled tags as well for this situation.
User 1948478 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,850 posts

And now it's gone... :(

What a pity, - there were a couple of good ideas there!

I could actually have lived with a couple of "wrong style tags", etc... :P

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

It's not gone Per, click the link in Prism's post and use the view source and you'll have it. I haven't removed it nor plan to.
User 2073552 Photo

1,625 posts

No it is gone. I wanted to see. :(
"An Apple doth not fall far from its tree, yet an orange does."

https://lbwebsitedesign.com - Responsive Web Design & Web Hosting Services.
http://helpsite.sirage.com - HTML5, CSS3 and CC Help Video Blog.
User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

SirAGE & others if you want the code you have my email. I am experimenting with my own version of Css the existing one to me is a Dinosaur. It cannot be programmed and the only way I can use variables is to inject script. I only create sites for myself so if the browsers accept then that tells me it works. That is like a program the compiler is the passkey. I have checked out the LESS version but that only goes so far

I want to find just how far I can push the commands available. I shall let all browsers be the test. I have spent half a lifetime pushing boundaries at a job and that entailed not accepting convention. I believe that anything I can visualise I can do. Not because I am great but because I have seen.

I shall never walk the path most take and never have and I use what little knowledge I have to solve situations I come across. I come to his forum as I learn much.

One point, what is the highest ranking any of you have achieved in Google and how about a title to demonstrate that achievement, here is my title 'Universal Ink Monitor' I could tell you how to do it but you are competition ;)

Anyway the code is available on request, only simple php. I can also help anyone who wishes to learn the basics. It is logical probably why I don't like html much.
Go now type too much :o
The Guy from OZ

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.