Protect WordPress Pages? - Post ID...

User 208580 Photo

38 posts

Can I protect an individual Wordpress Page with WAM, and if so, how can I find them on the server?

I couldn't find the specific page that I wanted to protect (actually couldn't find any pages I created).:/

Thanks!
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Art,

Have you checked your WP settings to see if there might already be a system internally coded to do this for you? I know a lot of the CMS type systems have page and site protection built in for a lot of things, might want to check that.

If not, check when you go to the pages, does your URL change in the address bar? If so then that's the address you want to use to protect and you should be able to navigate to that address that way. If you have a link we might be able to help you out a little further if that URL is not working to show the pages etc.
User 208580 Photo

38 posts

Hi Jo Ann,

I must have protected something I shouldn't have, because I can't access my website nor my Cpanel for the site. WAM can't get in either, says root folder is missing.:(

Hopefully, it's just because the ISP shut me down because it thought my site was gettng hacked by me uploading changes and checking them, rather than I deleted something from my site with WAM.

Will call my service provider now.
User 208580 Photo

38 posts

The ISP had shut me out. That's good I didn't lose anything.

Jo Ann, the pages I can see in the URL, it's just that the pages in WordPress don't show up in the back end like regular HTML pages.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

yeah it's been a while since I looked at Wordpress. Could swear they had the ability built in to do that though, give permissions to specific people to view things etc. I could be wrong there.

If that's the case then you'll need to have the direct URL's for the pages you want to protect, and yes WAM would do the trick, I would still be sure it's necessary though, but yes it will work if you set it up correctly to do so.

Got a link? Best way to help get the correct links would be to see them I guess. If they are too private then not sure what else to tell you on it.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.