Protect one wholesale store - Post ID...

User 2030375 Photo

156 posts

I am trying to make sure I understand how WAM works. I have a website built with VSD and one of the pages links to a the store built in SCC.

My website uploads to "public_html"
My SCC files for the store upload to "public_html/store"

I have built another store and have named it 'wholesale'. I will use the server settings "public_html/wholesale" It also will have a link from the website to this wholesale store.

Will this work in WAM using VSD

How do I password protect the wholesale store completely. Do I protect the folder "wholesale.scc"

Thanks for your help!
Kare
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Try bottom category tab in my website below, and follow my instructions as though you are a trade client wishing to have trade access.

When you use the form let me know your from CC

If its before i go away , SOON, i will give you requested password for WAM, i think this is exactly what your after.
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 2030375 Photo

156 posts

I sent the form for a password but will be out of my office most of the day. Will check tonight. thanks
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

I set you up and sent email with username and password

just hope it works, as my cash is keeping me logged in so i can't actually test it

I am away from tomorrow
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement

User 2030375 Photo

156 posts

Viv, Well, the password you sent me worked just fine on your site however the fact that I can access your site doesn't answer my questions above.

Anyone able to answer my questions above?

thanks for your help,
Kare
User 2073552 Photo

1,625 posts

Yes, just password protect the folder public_html/wholesale and they should have to enter a password when going to that page. :D
"An Apple doth not fall far from its tree, yet an orange does."

https://lbwebsitedesign.com - Responsive Web Design & Web Hosting Services.
http://helpsite.sirage.com - HTML5, CSS3 and CC Help Video Blog.
User 2030375 Photo

156 posts

Thanks! I assume then that all the pages in the 'public_html/wholesale' folder will be password protected. Is this right?

Any problems with VSD and doing it this way?

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/website … -just-one/

Once again my post is disappearing... *looks around for suspicious looking forum admins or even more suspicious looking rogue forum code* :P

The link above may help you Prairie. It may not too, but if you can't get it working I would suggest opening a support ticket and have the CC team give you a hand without if the files need editing.
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

prairie wrote:
Viv, Well, the password you sent me worked just fine on your site however the fact that I can access your site doesn't answer my questions above.

Anyone able to answer my questions above?

thanks for your help,
Kare

I thought that would clear up the fact that everyone has access to main site but are instantly blocked from trade only pages, and that was from a VSD link, to a SCCP page.

Just try the free trial and honest if i got it working anyone can., and it will block you again automatically later in the month

User 2030375 Photo

156 posts

Thanks Viv -- I see now what you are saying. Joann thanks for the other article. I think :D I understand and will get the trial version and see if I can get it right.

appreciate the replies!
Kare

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.