Web Form Builder 1.2 Is Here! - Post...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Hey Form Builders!

Web Form Builder 1.2 just hit the ground running! This upgrade contains a whole list of tweaks and optimizations—big and small.

As always, we carefully listened to your feature requests. Out of all the incredible things we added, these are our favorites:

Regular Expressions
Want an open-ended, super-powerful form element? We did, too. The brand new Regular Expression magical element can validate just about anything you can think of. read the details here.

Mailing List Integration
Our pals at MailChimp manage your email campaigns with a service that’s easier than velcro. We teamed up with them so you can grow your mailing lists straight from your forms. You can read the details here.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/ccnli/newsletter_mailingwin_wfb_v1.2.png

Contact Lists
Drop-down fields can now be turned into contact lists. This means that your visitors can pick a specific destination for the results of their submission. read the details here.

Beefed-up Form Hosting
The number of forms served and processed by our powerful form hosting service is just exploding (and for good reason too):
  • It’s easy (no configuration necessary—it automagically works!)
  • It’s fast (uploading, updating, serving, and processing forms—all fast)
  • It’s flexible (add your forms anywhere with a single paste)
  • It’s reliable (yes, our infrastructure is state-of-the-art)
  • It’s informative (we can give you unique stats on your form’s performance)

http://s3.amazonaws.com/ccnli/newsletter_forms_wfb_v1.2.png

We don't like to brag too much that S-Drive is truly a revolutionary hosting platform (but you know I'm going to). With just a click of a button you can put forms of all kinds online in minutes — and even integrate them into an existing webpage.

It's a smart way to put your forms on the web. On our own infrastructure we can innovate and iterate way faster. We don't have to work around all types of different server configurations, access rights, PHP versions and so on. That means that you’ll get better web forms faster — and after all, that’s what counts. Really, having (some of your) forms on S-Drive is the way to go!

So we need you help. We want to make S-Drive the best possible service for our customers at the rates we know you'll appreciate. For that we need even more people to use it and give us feedback. We would like to know where you stand. Think of something we don't have that you could really use? Need more storage space? Multi-user accounts? How do you feel about the prices?

We're giving you the opportunity to shape the future of S-Drive and assure your (web form) needs are taken care of, so speak up! No suggestion, comment, or concern is too big or too small. We want to hear it all.

Yep, we’re officially taking feature requests. Don’t miss this opportunity!

Haven’t been able to give our form hosting a good test? To thank you in advance for your great feedback we have a fully featured Webbie test account all ready for you. Just go here to get all set up.

Share your comments here!

Now for the nitty gritty on all the cool stuff that has been added to Web Form Builder 1.2 Build 3613:
  • Integration with one of the best mailing lists providers around: MailChimp
  • Added ability to create Contact Lists for routing form results to the appropriate addresses
  • Added ability to select “IP Address” and “Submitted On” data individually when configuring email messages
  • Added the new Regular Expression magical element for validating anything you can dream up
  • Added the option to require a radio button selection
  • Added more calendar date formats (dd.mm.yy, dd-mm-yyyy, dd:mm:yyyy, dd.MM yy, etc.)
  • Added snazzy Captcha theme options
  • Updated Quick Start guide
  • Updated default HTML markup for the Auto-Response and Email Notification messages
  • Updates to 25+ templates
  • Improved the Notification Message so it can be configured to be sent from the form submitter
  • Improved drop-down lists view for Firefox and Internet Explorer
  • Forms can now be loaded over SSL
  • Decoupled email notifications from database settings for better delivery
  • Added a superior encoding method of carriage returns in the form results
  • Improved visibility and ordering of renamed fields for S-Drive form hosting
  • Fixed issue with random single letters appearing in the friendly hint area on forms
  • Fixed issue with drop-down lists displaying incorrect option text in email messages
  • Fixed issue with attachments being included in Auto-Response messages
  • Fixed issue with a blank submit button label appearing over the submit button image

Wow, what a list, right? :)

So what’s up next? Here are some beans we can spill right now: payment integration(with SSL encryption), multi-page forms, configuration rules (show fields depending on previous selections), and post widgets (post the results wherever you want). Be aware that some of these things are impossible to get right on all server flavors and configs, so they might be S-Drive only. Just sayin’. ;)

Here’s one more bean: The next version will be called 2.0… and with that, we plan to up the price a bit (to $69 to be exact). So if you already own it, you made the right choice.

With that, we hope you enjoy these enhancements. To download this update, please go to My Products while signed in. Once the software list appears, click the "Download" button next to Web Form Builder.

Enjoy!
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2073552 Photo

1,625 posts

Woot! Thank you Scott.
"An Apple doth not fall far from its tree, yet an orange does."

https://lbwebsitedesign.com - Responsive Web Design & Web Hosting Services.
http://helpsite.sirage.com - HTML5, CSS3 and CC Help Video Blog.
User 399197 Photo

46 posts

NOW we're getting somewhere. Thanks, CC team. Don't forget, conditional display and processing is very cool and useful, too—I hope that's "on the list".
User 1947136 Photo

24 posts

configuration rules (show fields depending on previous selections)

THIS is what I have been waiting for! Woo Hoo!!
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Awesome list of new features and fixes. I got big plans for this app! :)
User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

I have had a quick fiddle with the regular expressions. I am trying to see if it can be used as a different type of Captcha. Bots are universal creatures not specific. Some pattern of characters based on an entry.

Don't know how yet. Still playing with a wordpress blog form. I have to admit WFB is like a favorite toy to me. I am still testing its limits and will demonstrate possibilities hoping for them to be eventually included.

I am delighted just how well it integrates with Visual Site Designer. I am working on a auto insertion of form files from WFB to VSD including uploading the form folder etc.

I admit those two programs are brilliant and with a bit of hand shaking they will be a force to be reckoned with. I know I ruffle feathers but incentive is what produces brilliance and turns what is good into what is exceptional. I am saving for both VCD & WFB Pro. No resting on laurels allowed. To the developers. Got to give it to you all, great job so far, brilliant concept.
The Guy from OZ

User 2073552 Photo

1,625 posts

I would have to agree Prisim. Very well laid out and VERY useful. :D
"An Apple doth not fall far from its tree, yet an orange does."

https://lbwebsitedesign.com - Responsive Web Design & Web Hosting Services.
http://helpsite.sirage.com - HTML5, CSS3 and CC Help Video Blog.
User 256589 Photo

23 posts

I downloaded the latest version. I started a new form. I dragged in a few elements, but no text appears. When I preview the form, the text is there.

Next, I opened a previously created form. Same thing. No text appears until I preview the form.

The program worked fine for me using Windows XP. I now have a Windows 7 64-bit OS, but there is obviously a problem. Any ideas as to what the problem might be?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Michael Z wrote:
I downloaded the latest version. I started a new form. I dragged in a few elements, but no text appears. When I preview the form, the text is there.

Next, I opened a previously created form. Same thing. No text appears until I preview the form.

The program worked fine for me using Windows XP. I now have a Windows 7 64-bit OS, but there is obviously a problem. Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

I would suggest opening a support ticket for this and send us your form file and we will see if there is anything wrong with it.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2293229 Photo

17 posts

when is 2.0 coming?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.