Web Form Builder 1.2 just hit the ground running! This upgrade contains a whole list of tweaks and optimizations—big and small.
As always, we carefully listened to your feature requests. Out of all the incredible things we added, these are our favorites:
Want an open-ended, super-powerful form element? We did, too. The brand new Regular Expression magical element can validate just about anything you can think of. read the details here.
Mailing List Integration
Our pals at MailChimp manage your email campaigns with a service that’s easier than velcro. We teamed up with them so you can grow your mailing lists straight from your forms. You can read the details here.
Drop-down fields can now be turned into contact lists. This means that your visitors can pick a specific destination for the results of their submission. read the details here.
Beefed-up Form Hosting
The number of forms served and processed by our powerful form hosting service is just exploding (and for good reason too):
- It’s easy (no configuration necessary—it automagically works!)
- It’s fast (uploading, updating, serving, and processing forms—all fast)
- It’s flexible (add your forms anywhere with a single paste)
- It’s reliable (yes, our infrastructure is state-of-the-art)
- It’s informative (we can give you unique stats on your form’s performance)
We don't like to brag too much that S-Drive is truly a revolutionary hosting platform (but you know I'm going to). With just a click of a button you can put forms of all kinds online in minutes — and even integrate them into an existing webpage.
It's a smart way to put your forms on the web. On our own infrastructure we can innovate and iterate way faster. We don't have to work around all types of different server configurations, access rights, PHP versions and so on. That means that you’ll get better web forms faster — and after all, that’s what counts. Really, having (some of your) forms on S-Drive is the way to go!
So we need you help. We want to make S-Drive the best possible service for our customers at the rates we know you'll appreciate. For that we need even more people to use it and give us feedback. We would like to know where you stand. Think of something we don't have that you could really use? Need more storage space? Multi-user accounts? How do you feel about the prices?
We're giving you the opportunity to shape the future of S-Drive and assure your (web form) needs are taken care of, so speak up! No suggestion, comment, or concern is too big or too small. We want to hear it all.
Yep, we’re officially taking feature requests. Don’t miss this opportunity!
Haven’t been able to give our form hosting a good test? To thank you in advance for your great feedback we have a fully featured Webbie test account all ready for you. Just go here to get all set up.
Share your comments here!
Now for the nitty gritty on all the cool stuff that has been added to Web Form Builder 1.2 Build 3613:
- Integration with one of the best mailing lists providers around: MailChimp
- Added ability to create Contact Lists for routing form results to the appropriate addresses
- Added ability to select “IP Address” and “Submitted On” data individually when configuring email messages
- Added the new Regular Expression magical element for validating anything you can dream up
- Added the option to require a radio button selection
- Added more calendar date formats (dd.mm.yy, dd-mm-yyyy, dd:mm:yyyy, dd.MM yy, etc.)
- Added snazzy Captcha theme options
- Updated Quick Start guide
- Updated default HTML markup for the Auto-Response and Email Notification messages
- Updates to 25+ templates
- Improved the Notification Message so it can be configured to be sent from the form submitter
- Improved drop-down lists view for Firefox and Internet Explorer
- Forms can now be loaded over SSL
- Decoupled email notifications from database settings for better delivery
- Added a superior encoding method of carriage returns in the form results
- Improved visibility and ordering of renamed fields for S-Drive form hosting
- Fixed issue with random single letters appearing in the friendly hint area on forms
- Fixed issue with drop-down lists displaying incorrect option text in email messages
- Fixed issue with attachments being included in Auto-Response messages
- Fixed issue with a blank submit button label appearing over the submit button image
Wow, what a list, right?
So what’s up next? Here are some beans we can spill right now: payment integration(with SSL encryption), multi-page forms, configuration rules (show fields depending on previous selections), and post widgets (post the results wherever you want). Be aware that some of these things are impossible to get right on all server flavors and configs, so they might be S-Drive only. Just sayin’.
Here’s one more bean: The next version will be called 2.0… and with that, we plan to up the price a bit (to $69 to be exact). So if you already own it, you made the right choice.
With that, we hope you enjoy these enhancements. To download this update, please go to My Products while signed in. Once the software list appears, click the "Download" button next to Web Form Builder.