Set Outgoing email details - Post ID...

User 2057962 Photo

8 posts

I set up a CoffeeCup "Contact Us" Form some time ago. I've forgotten some points of set up.

I have its xml file, and all its details etc.
I can set the email address that "Comments" are SENT to, but I cannot see how the SENDING or OUTGOING email address and server settings that actually sends the "Comments".

What am I missing?

Thanks
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Hey there!

I see you are still using the Classic version of Form Builder. This version has been discontinued for some time now in favor of the new HTML version of Web Form Builder that was released in October 2011. On May 1st, 2012 all support for the Flash version was discontinued and we are no longer offering the download of the software from our website.

Though we'd prefer to offer the new Web Form Builder as a free upgrade to existing registered users, it's actually a completely new program. Upgrades are always free within the life-cycle of the program, but don't think we are changing the name just to charge more money — that would be untrue. This program is a complete 100% re-write of the software that accomplishes tasks in a completely different way and, as such, we consider it a new program. ;)

Our developers have spent over a year tweaking and adding features that make this the best form builder out there.

Here are just a few features that make this upgrade totally worth it ;-)

- Your forms are now be viewable on all mobile devices. That means iPhone, iPad and Android users can now contact you, which was impossible with the Flash version.

- Accept payments through your form with PayPal, 2Checkout, Authorize.net and Google.

- Build and manage mailing lists through integration with MailChimp.

- Build conditional rules that make elements appear based on selected items.

- Free form hosting. Simply publish your form to our S-Drive service and paste the small block of code into your webpage and you are done!

You don't have to take our word for it. Just see what some of our users have said about Web Form Builder. Pretty awesome right?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2057962 Photo

8 posts

I checked out the issue - it was on a (new) server that didn't allow emails to be generated. I reverted to my previous server. All good!

One other query (cognisant of your comment about the older (but much loved) version. The Form won't put in an underscore character, such as first_name@xxxx. It;'s a big problem if the person has an underscore in their email address.

Ideas?

Thanks

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Pat Marley wrote:
One other query (cognisant of your comment about the older (but much loved) version. The Form won't put in an underscore character, such as first_name@xxxx. It;'s a big problem if the person has an underscore in their email address.
Ideas?

Yes, I have an idea. Stop using the Flash version! ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 10077 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,095 posts

Pat,

If you are like me, the familiar is almost always preferable to change. I made the jump to the new CC software and it was totally worth it! If you have the opportunity, you will most likely be very happy you did. There's an enormous amount of capability, and I've found that they save me tons of programming time.

Brian
ASK ME ANYTHING
I provide personalized help for Coffeecup Users including personal or group training for Site Designer, Web Form Builder and more via Zoom.
Email me at support@uscni.org or call 865-687-7698.

Did you know that Web Form Builder can be used for both simple and complicated forms and that it's not limited to the default fonts and buttons? Take a look at a form we developed for WindowTinting.com.
https://forms.windowtinting.com/forms/w … ppingcart/
User 2057962 Photo

8 posts

Brian Durfee wrote:
Pat,

If you are like me, the familiar is almost always preferable to change. I made the jump to the new CC software and it was totally worth it! If you have the opportunity, you will most likely be very happy you did. There's an enormous amount of capability, and I've found that they save me tons of programming time.

Brian

Thanks Brian & Scott, I "jumped" :-) I have tried CC FB Lite. Seems fine. I'll migrate to the full version soon.
Just two queries:

(a) with a S-Drive Captcha is it possible to place instruction text (say left) BESIDE the Captcha (right) rather than vertically displaced ? That is text over the Captcha element padding? (see www.patmar.net.au/riform).
(b) I assume that if a change is made to a form (same name of course), and published to S-Drive, the script is the same as previously, since it is simply pointing to the Form on the S-Drive? Thus it is unnecessary to re-insert the script in the webpage?

Thanks (Great Service!)
Pat

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.