Question for CC re integration in VSD...

User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

The old form builder had could be added to VSD using flash tool, so it automatically added and uploaded all the files.

Are there plans for a similar button to be added to VSD for new html form ?

Only asking as having spent 2.5 hours learning how to upload to my server this morning (missing the obvious as usual) i think it would be easier for us non coders, and especially new users (not using sdrive)
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

We are thinking about it for the next update. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

I was guessing that would be the answer,

Even after 3 years using VSD i find anything external a little confusing, last week it was live chat

But forms everyone will probably want to use, so i hope it will be simplified by adding it as a VSD button
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement

User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

Hi Viv I find that using ftp to upload the form file and folder of all support files takes a very long time. I have been uploading as a zip file and using a unzip script to extract. I am waiting to be able to run php files in S_Drive to do things like display results saved in csv/MSQL. You have probably found out that to preview your form you need to place those files in the preview folder. It will not submit obviously.

The Guy from OZ

User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

My forms have previewed every time without having to do anything at all.

I just kept trying to upload the wrong folder, could not work out why it never appeared :( then suddenly the lights went on , and realised it was next level folder down that needed to be published :) bloomin amateurs ;)

User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

You are talking about us not them I hope :o
The Guy from OZ

User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Prism wrote:
You are talking about us not them I hope :o

Strange how we all read things differently :) yes i meant ME / US not CC ;)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.