Important Information on forms hosted...

User 2662035 Photo

7 posts

Thank you very much Adam :)

I am having now problems with getting the form running with Godaddy hosting :(

To my cc: email I get the notification but not my primary address which is a godaddy email ....First I set up the form to yahoo email then switched to godaddy and the disaster started...

Is it Godaddy the problem?

User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Pelagie Hoebers wrote:
Thank you very much Adam :)

I am having now problems with getting the form running with Godaddy hosting :(

To my cc: email I get the notification but not my primary address which is a godaddy email ....First I set up the form to yahoo email then switched to godaddy and the disaster started...

Is it Godaddy the problem?

If you are getting the notification in one email but not the other, then yes. I would recommend contacting their support department to see what the issue may be. Also check your spam and junk mail boxes as they are most likely where your email is. :)
User 2662035 Photo

7 posts

Hi Risey,

I have also Godaddy Linux server hosting.....so I really have no idea what the problems is.

I was about to ask about the change of the user.cfg.php
User 2662035 Photo

7 posts

Hi Adam,

What about changing the user.cfg.php ? Is that going to help in any way?

I been on the phone for quiet some time with Godaddy but still the same issue :rolleyes:
User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

Have you followed the directions here? http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/how-to-manually-confirm-your-smtp-settings-for-web-form-builder/

Have you edited the file to include your own email and parameters?

I have many forms hosted on sites located on GoDaddy Shared Host servers and they work like a charm. In my case, I make NO changes what so ever to the code exported by WFB and it just works.

It may be a case of using the most up to date version of PhP on GoDaddy. Check and see what version you are running, and update if needed. That may solve your issues.
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
https://sadduck.com
User 2689532 Photo

13 posts

I figured out what the problem was. I have a regular email account with godaddy and then i have emails in cPanel under the domains. They are not compatible. Both will look 'Locally' for new emails. If the email you are sending the responses to reside on the regular email account, and you have the email form installed on a domain hosted on the cpanel the email simply gets lost.

Nothing to do with the coffee cup software.

My solution? I bought super cheap hosting at ipage.com (got a free domain with it) and now i simply run the script on a remote server. Install the code coffee cup gives you for your web page (using absolute urls) but upload the actual script to another host.

WORKS LIKE A CHARM WITH ALL EMAILS and i always get my results now. :cool:
User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

I guess that would work. Good job figuring that out, and thanks for posting the tip!! :cool:
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
https://sadduck.com
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts
Online Now

Yes Ipage is pretty cheap until you pass the first year then it becomes quite expensive. I am an authorization reseller so let me know if the prices get out of hand, I may be able to get you something a bit cheaper.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 10077 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,095 posts

Brenda Jansson wrote:
My solution? I bought super cheap hosting at ipage.com (got a free domain with it) and now i simply run the script on a remote server. Install the code coffee cup gives you for your web page (using absolute urls) but upload the actual script to another host.

Bear with me on this, because if I don't explain the scenario, you may not understand the point. I had a couple of sites (we will call site1.com and site2.com) on which I needed to share the same form. I set up the form on a third site (site3.com) and then set the pages on site1.com and site2.com to display the form that was hosted on site3.com.

It worked and I was very pleased until I checked the developer tools in Chrome. Under the console it was showing errors and that it didn't like referencing the forms from a different domain. In face, I had several buttons set up the same way and it showed the same errors for them as well. Everything worked just fine, but the Developer tools didn't like it.

Since Google is king right now, I try to do what they say to avoid ranking penalties. I don't know if the above solution of hosting forms and buttons on other domains will result in a penalty, but I don't want to take a chance. I have the forms and buttons duplicated in both sites.

In your case, it's a little more unique since the email setup is what is causing the problem. You might want to find out if your solution affects your search ranking. If not, then no problem. If so, you might want to migrate your email from the regular account to the cpanel and host your form within the actual site on which it appears.
ASK ME ANYTHING
I provide personalized help for Coffeecup Users including personal or group training for Site Designer, Web Form Builder and more via Zoom.
Email me at support@uscni.org or call 865-687-7698.

Did you know that Web Form Builder can be used for both simple and complicated forms and that it's not limited to the default fonts and buttons? Take a look at a form we developed for WindowTinting.com.
https://forms.windowtinting.com/forms/w … ppingcart/
User 486215 Photo

79 posts

Moving to a new hosting provider does not solve the problem.

Coincidentally I just moved to GoDaddy because they were less expensive than my current provider and they have a sale on hosting right now. Also, I was upset about recent performance problems and intermittent loss of service with my old provider.

But...I just ran into the problem with GoDaddy emails described above.

I sometimes use a package called "Form Tools" to process my CoffeeCup WFB forms. One of the Form Tools forums had a solution for the GoDaddy email problem with the use of their Swift Mailer module. I had to use Swift Mailer because some sites did not receive emails from php mail. Visit: formtools.org for the forums and the package, if interested.

I you use WFB to handle the form, here's what the php code changes should be in user.cfg.php:

// What service is available for sending mail? Possible values are:
// - localhost [default] Server where the shop is installed, must be a Linux or Unix machine with sendmail
// - smtp A mail server of your choice that supports the standard SMTP protocol
//$user_config['mailer']['service'] = 'localhost';
$user_config['mailer']['service'] = 'smtp';

// Does the remote SMTP server need authentication?
$user_config['mailer']['smtp']['auth'] = true;
//$user_config['mailer']['smtp']['auth'] = false;

// Use this if the server needs authentication:
$user_config['mailer']['smtp']['user'] = 'webmaster@********.***';
$user_config['mailer']['smtp']['password'] = '**********';

// The address of the server
$user_config['mailer']['smtp']['host'] = 'smtpout.secureserver.net';
//$user_config['mailer']['smtp']['host'] = 'smtp.gmail.com';

// Connection parameters for a plain SMTP server
$user_config['mailer']['smtp']['port'] = '80'; // Yes, it really is 80, also 3535 works here.
$user_config['mailer']['smtp']['secure'] = 'false';

// Connection parameters for a SMTP server that supports secure connections, such as smtp.gmail.com
//$user_config['mailer']['smtp']['port'] = '465';
//$user_config['mailer']['smtp']['secure'] = 'ssl';

This works for all my forms on GoDaddy that are handled by CoffeeCup. The settings are essentially the same for the Swift Mailer module in Form Tools.

If you need to play with the form data after it has been inputted, Form Tools is a good package to do that.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.