how to re-order the forms data? -...

User 2032081 Photo

5 posts

Hi there

Got all the froms working with the S-Drive. Click on a submission in the S-Drive panel and the data listed from the form is completely out of sinc with the order on the web form . How do I get the data from the web form to be in the correct order when looked at in S-Drive and downloaded CSV file?

many thanks

John
User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

In my experience the order in the csv file is the order that you created the elements from top down and left right in the form. Compare the csv output with the element names you gave in the form. I bet you will find a discrepancy
The Guy from OZ

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I was under the impression that this was something they fixed? I remember it being asked for that the results represented the order the fields were in on the page. Are you using the most current vrsion John?

If you are and if it's still not working right to do that, one way that's a quick and dirty way to make sure they come back in the right order is to go into the Results Email setup and remove the:

[results]

tag from the email setup and replace it with the separate tags for each field instead. You may need to put a <br> after each field you enter to separate the lines, not sure on that but I think so.

You can do this by putting your mouse where you want the field to go and then use the little pull down menu below the text area to choose the field you want placed. Do this for each field and that will fix your order issue.

I still think they said they fixed this, but I don't know how it was setup, and I too use fields that I place and then move them around to a different position after I create them so I want mine to be in the right order too so I'll have to test that.

Check to make sure you're using the most recent version too though.
User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

Does that force the csv file to be written to in that order? Probably be good to have an index on each element
The Guy from OZ

User 2032081 Photo

5 posts

Ok

I am using version 1.2 Build 3613

Where do I find the results email setup? How do I place an index on each element?

My first two text fields are First name and last name. Both of these result in the middle of the Sdrive data and CSV file. Haven't even moved these two elements.

Is the name of the elements ordered in alphabetical order?

many thanks

John
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya John,

Am making a video for this purpose as a few people have asked about editing the results email. In the meantime the way to do this is in the Settings. Open the settings and go to the Email Notices tab. Once there you need to put a check in the Notification Message checkbox and that will light up that area for you to edit. There is a button under the text boxes for Configuring the Email message. Press that button and that opens up the email to configure it.

The [form results] box can be found towards the bottom of the email text on it's own line. To edit the way it shows the results you would need to delete that and add your fields in manually (click mouse in the same space that the text you deleted was in and use the drop down menu that has all your fields in it and put them in one by one. Insert line breaks <br> to put them on separate lines and add extra breaks for extra space between the fields.

I don't know what you mean by placing an index on each element. If you can explain that please maybe I can help.

I have no idea what order the results are in. I was under the impression they were supposed to be in order of how they are in the actual form, but I somehow think something isn't working right on it yet as there's been a few problems people have posted about on it. I'll see if I can tell the order and how it works, but for now the manual inputting as explained above will fix that for you.
User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

Jo I mentioned index as a suggestion for improvement not that it can be done. Sorry about causing confusion. That video idea would be a beaut. Put me in for a copy, I am thinking of knocking up some templates for those messages. In special cases I create a page in the editor and paste it in.

I send all replys to a gmail address that bounces straight back (Auto Forward) that way I get to receive what a form filler would. Makes a good way to check the workings of the form, as you get the two versions.
The Guy from OZ

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Ahh ok on the index no problem. I'll post a link to the video here (if I can find the post later hahaha) and it will be on the CoffeeCup Youtube channel also which there's a link to here:
http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/website … lp-videos/

I still have more videos to get uploaded yet, but it's getting there. Had to start over so I've slacked this past week lol. I'll work on that video probably tomorrow if I get a chance.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Ok I found some time today to do this so the video is uploaded and is on the Form Builder playlist here:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL … e=view_all

Be gentle, it's the first one I've ever done lol.
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,187 posts

Who did you get to do the voice over?;)
Nice Job JoAnn.:)
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.