How to insert a "Date of Birth" Form...

User 2326924 Photo

4 posts

The date picker is no good for this even with dates restricted. First of all, the date picker can only cycle back by month, but not by year. Also, I cannot find any drop down options that would cover a simple date of birth. Has anyone figured out how to add this functionality to their forms using this program? This seems like something so simple that they should have been thought of already (as it is often one of the most requested data types for forms), but I guess I am missing something? :/

Any help would be appreciated.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Why not just do this:

http://form.coffeecup.com/forms/day/

The date picker wasn't really designed for the function you are looking for, but it is a nice idea. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2326924 Photo

4 posts

That's great...but how do I do that? Insert three separate drop downs? When I set up my table in MySQL to receive this stuff, so I just put three "INT" values then?

Also, while I have your ear, is there any way to change the font size INSIDE a form field?

Thank you for your prompt response!
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Sulman Bhatti wrote:
That's great...but how do I do that? Insert three separate drop downs? When I set up my table in MySQL to receive this stuff, so I just put three "INT" values then?

Also, while I have your ear, is there any way to change the font size INSIDE a form field?

Thank you for your prompt response!

Yep, just 3 drop down lists and then I used the pre-set list for each to fill in the dta. For MySQL, don't setup anything. Just create the table, the software does the reset.

As to font size, no you cannot change that.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2326924 Photo

4 posts

Thanks Scott -- could I add that as a feature request for future versions? I paid for a license but would have really liked to see that in this iteration.

Is that what you guys meant by this feature in yellow:

"Customize the stylesheet for maximum control. (You’ll be able to import your changes soon.)"

Would this "coming soon" feature allow us to change the font size inside the form field? Thanks for your help again and I'm looking forward to this application becoming more robust.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Sulman Bhatti wrote:
Thanks Scott -- could I add that as a feature request for future versions? I paid for a license but would have really liked to see that in this iteration.

Is that what you guys meant by this feature in yellow:

"Customize the stylesheet for maximum control. (You’ll be able to import your changes soon.)"

Would this "coming soon" feature allow us to change the font size inside the form field? Thanks for your help again and I'm looking forward to this application becoming more robust.

If we get enough users to request any feature, it is most certain to make it into the software. Right now you have control to make those font size changes if you like as you have all the HTML/CSS.
User 1964444 Photo

1 post

Hi Scott,
If looking at changes to the date magical element, would it be possible to have a 'Read Only' option? It's the only element that does not have this feature (where it makes sense to have it).

Regards
John

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.