Form email not sent on Godaddy Linux...

User 2718108 Photo

3 posts

I have seen that this is a problem. I also see that the user.cfg.php file default mode is as follows:

<?php
/**
* CoffeeCup Software's Web Form Builder.
* This configuration file is intended to change the default behavior of the Web Form Builder scripts to
* accomodate special needs some users may have due to the server setup they have to deal with.
* The user is responsible for any changes to this file.
* Remove the '//' in front of the lines that you need add '//' in front of the lines you don't need.
* @version $Revision: 2244 $
* @author Cees de Gruijter
* @category FB
* @copyright Copyright (c) 2011 CoffeeCup Software, Inc. (http://www.coffeecup.com/)
*/

/*********************** Send Mail Configuration ****************************/

// What service is available for sending mail? Possible values are:
// - localhost [default] Server where the shop is installed, must be a Linux or Unix machine with sendmail
// - smtp A mail server of your choice that supports the standard SMTP protocol
$user_config['mailer']['service'] = 'localhost';
//$user_config['mailer']['service'] = 'smtp';

// Does the remote SMTP server need authentication?
$user_config['mailer']['smtp']['auth'] = true;
//$user_config['mailer']['smtp']['auth'] = false;

// Use this if the server needs authentication:
$user_config['mailer']['smtp']['user'] = 'name@your_domain.com';
$user_config['mailer']['smtp']['password'] = 'password';

// The address of the server
$user_config['mailer']['smtp']['host'] = 'mail.your_domain.com';
//$user_config['mailer']['smtp']['host'] = 'smtp.gmail.com';

// Connection parameters for a plain SMTP server
$user_config['mailer']['smtp']['port'] = '25';
$user_config['mailer']['smtp']['secure'] = '';

// Connection parameters for a SMTP server that supports secure connections, such as smtp.gmail.com
//$user_config['mailer']['smtp']['port'] = '465';
//$user_config['mailer']['smtp']['secure'] = 'ssl';

?>

The portion I bolded is different from what you have posted (false in both instances). Whether this is responsible for some of the confusion, I don't know. All I know is I cannot receive my form emails and Godaddy is unable to help. I receive no error message, just the message that the form has been sent.
User 521590 Photo

56 posts

I am fighting the same problems on my Linux HostGator sites also. What version of PHP do you run on the box and ask what version CC recommends. I like Form Builder but it seems geared toward SDrive or sites created in CC software.
I will watch your post for answers.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

rick h wrote:
I am fighting the same problems on my Linux HostGator sites also. What version of PHP do you run on the box and ask what version CC recommends. I like Form Builder but it seems geared toward SDrive or sites created in CC software.
I will watch your post for answers.

That is not true at all there Rick. Form Builder is all PHP driven and not optimized for S-Drive nor any one particular web editor. As long as your server meets the minimum server requirements, you are all set.

Unfortunately when hosting with Godaddy, issues like this are pretty common place. For no rhyme or reason, email will just suddenly stop arriving even when no changes have been made. Then for no apparent reason, it will just start working. It is a quite a frustrating experience and we have also tried to bring this up with Godaddy support many times, but we just run into obstacles with their support as they provide no help with custom scripts. Unfortunately, because we cannot control their servers, there is little we can do here.

There are a few things you can try that sometimes fixes things:

1. Under Settings > Email Notices, make sure your setup looks like this:

http://www.coffeecup.com/files/forums/wfb-notices-tab.png

2. Check your SPAM folder. Sometimes emails can get trapped there.

3. Try using different email address under the Settings > Email Notices Tab. Use Gmail, Yahoo, MSN etc.

4. Use S-Drive or find another hosting provider for just your forms.

Note:
My personal accounts with Godaddy and HostGator have always worked right out of the box. I have never once had them fail for me.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2718108 Photo

3 posts

My personal accounts with Godaddy and HostGator have always worked right out of the box. I have never once had them fail for me.

If you mean "out of the box" then should this variable be true or false? In the other instance where this issue is dealt with, the variable has been changed to "false" which means it has been changed from the default mode (i.e. not out of the box):

// Does the remote SMTP server need authentication?
$user_config['mailer']['smtp']['auth'] = true;
//$user_config['mailer']['smtp']['auth'] = false;

This is the link:
http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … m-builder/
User 10077 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,095 posts

rick h wrote:
I like Form Builder but it seems geared toward SDrive or sites created in CC software.

Rick, I have a number of clients who host their sites on GoDaddy. I use WFB on many of them and I've never had a problem. I create the form in WFB, export, add the code to the web page, upload to the server and it works. ("out of the box" so to speak) Here are some suggestions.

If you check your control panel, make sure your PHP version is up-to-date. I know that PHP 5.3 works just fine for me.

You might also check your GoDaddy control panel configuration. Since they instituted their new cpanel, they have two different ways of doing email. You can set it up WITHIN the control panel or you can set it up in GoDaddy's EXTERNAL system. If you have email boxes set up in both, emails seem to go nowhere. Be sure your email boxes are set up in either one or the other (within control panel or external system but not both). Next, check the DNS Zone File and make sure your MX records point to the correct location of the email boxes.

GoDaddy support can help you with all of this. My experience is that when you call in and are nice and thankful that they are helping you, they are glad to do whatever you want as long as it is within the tech support rep's power to do so.

One last thing: GoDaddy has been having email issues in general for several months. Periodically, it just quits working and then starts again a few hours later. These issues are not related to hosting or WFB. It has to do with their email servers or system. It might happen once a month or longer inbetween occurrences.
ASK ME ANYTHING
I provide personalized help for Coffeecup Users including personal or group training for Site Designer, Web Form Builder and more via Zoom.
Email me at support@uscni.org or call 865-687-7698.

Did you know that Web Form Builder can be used for both simple and complicated forms and that it's not limited to the default fonts and buttons? Take a look at a form we developed for WindowTinting.com.
https://forms.windowtinting.com/forms/w … ppingcart/
User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

Good post Brian. I also use GoDaddy and have for many years. Email and WFB work fine for me. But you are correct that they have been having server issues. They upgraded to new servers for email and have had ( in my opinion ) nothing but problems with them. Why they can't seem to fix them I don't know. I have seen many posts here detailing problems and I'm just not sure why it works for some and not others. I am on a linux shared host with GoDaddy and have no issues with WFB. Go figure ...
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
https://sadduck.com
User 2718108 Photo

3 posts

Got them working with just the "To:" email field filled in. The problem was I was still using PHP 5.2. Switched to PHP 5.3 and all is well!:D
User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

Hey Paul! Good deal. Thanks for posting back and letting us know. :cool:
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
https://sadduck.com
User 2068765 Photo

1 post

A simple fix for this is for godaddy to change the email server to "remote email server". I've spoken w/ numerous godaddy techs over the years on this same issue and some will try to tell you that issue is on your end. Insist that they change this email setting. This has remedied the situation in almost all cases.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.