error message.....something is...

User 2187660 Photo

27 posts

I am trying to get my form built on WFB to work on my website - orcattlewomen.org. One form (contact us) works and the one I just edited and am trying to get back on there (membership form) does not. This is the message that appears on the page...Warning: require(/home/orcatt5/public_html/membershipform2/fbapp/php/config.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/orcatt5/public_html/membershipform2.php on line 6

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/orcatt5/public_html/membershipform2/fbapp/php/config.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/orcatt5/public_html/membershipform2.php on line 6

I did everything the same as I have done before. All the files seem to be on the server but it still doesn't work. I'm not a programer so don't know how to fix it. Support says that it is not a software problem. Hope someone has some ideas for me. The form was working fine two days ago before I tried to edit it. Thanks!
sdm1299
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,087 posts

Hi Sue,

When you uploaded your files did you make sure to upload the contents of the membershipform2_exported and not the actual folder itself?
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 2187660 Photo

27 posts

Hi Steve, I finally got it to work. Just hope I don't have to edit it again in the near future!! Thanks for your help. Sue
sdm1299
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,087 posts

Great to hear! Glad you figured it out. Do you mind sharing with us what you did so others can benefit from this post too.

Thanks
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 10077 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,095 posts

It's easy to look at the technical jargon in the error messages and think, "What in the world does THAT mean?!?" Here's how to break it down.
Sue wrote:
Warning: require(/home/orcatt5/public_html/membershipform2/fbapp/php/config.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/orcatt5/public_html/membershipform2.php on line 6

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/orcatt5/public_html/membershipform2/fbapp/php/config.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/orcatt5/public_html/membershipform2.php on line 6

Warning
"Uh oh! This isn't working! You made an error, and I'm going to tell you about it."

require(blahblahblah)
"There is a file called blahblahblah required here."

require(/home/orcatt5/public_html/membershipform2/fbapp/php/config.inc.php)
"I'm looking for the file config.inc.php located in the folder /home/orcatt5/public_html/membershipform2/fbapp/php/"

failed to open stream: No such file or directory
"Where is it?!? I couldn't get the file open because it doesn't exist!"

No such file or directory in /home/orcatt5/public_html/membershipform2.php on line 6
"And just in case you don't believe me, you're the one who told me that I had to include that file. I was reading the file membershipform2.php that you put in the folder /home/orcatt5/public_html/ and YOU TOLD ME on line 6 to get that other file."

Fatal error
"I tried and tried, but I just couldn't find that stupid file." Sniff! Sniff!

require(): Failed opening required '/home/orcatt5/public_html/membershipform2/fbapp/php/config.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/orcatt5/public_html/membershipform2.php on line 6
"Since you made me look stupid, I'm going to tell you all the same stuff again..."

SHORT ANSWER:
For whatever reason, the file config.inc.php was missing from the correct folder on the server. What usually works is to re-export and then re-upload the files to the server.
ASK ME ANYTHING
I provide personalized help for Coffeecup Users including personal or group training for Site Designer, Web Form Builder and more via Zoom.
Email me at support@uscni.org or call 865-687-7698.

Did you know that Web Form Builder can be used for both simple and complicated forms and that it's not limited to the default fonts and buttons? Take a look at a form we developed for WindowTinting.com.
https://forms.windowtinting.com/forms/w … ppingcart/
User 2620505 Photo

1 post

Even though I'm late to the party...I love Brian's explanation!
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

John Donnellon wrote:
Even though I'm late to the party...I love Brian's explanation!

I might market that explanation to be placed into the software so that is the message that is show rather than what we have now... :lol:

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.