Embedded Form Breaks Wordpress Page...

User 2758109 Photo

9 posts

We have an embedded form in the website at https://sgfneighborhoodnews.com/subscribe/, and the form itself works. However, on mobile devices OR if the desktop window is resized to where the mobile navigation appears two negative things happen:

1. The mobile navigation becomes un-clickable, though the "hamburger" menu is visible.
2. The site header disappears.

This only occurs on the page with the embedded form.

Support suggested a possible z-index issue with the Wordpress mobile menu. I tried some z-index modifications - up to the max value - for several css classes, but to no avail. I also tried looking through the Coffeecup form's html - commenting out various parts, including all links to js files - until I basically had the entire html code commented out. No progress there either.
User 2758109 Photo

9 posts

<sheepish grin> Well, this is embarrassing. :-) I looked again at the embedded code in the Wordpress page editor and noticed WP was automatically adding <code> tags around the embedded form code for some reason. I realized that I had not pasted in the entire embed code generated from Web Form Builder! I had everything down to the opening "noscript" tag. Adding the rest of the missing code solved everything! Doh! </sheepish grin>
User 2829474 Photo

7 posts

Christopher Akins wrote:
<sheepish grin> Well, this is embarrassing. :-) I looked again at the embedded code in the Wordpress page editor and noticed WP was automatically adding <code> tags around the embedded form code for some reason. I realized that I had not pasted in the entire embed code generated from Web Form Builder! I had everything down to the opening "noscript" tag. Adding the rest of the missing code solved everything! Doh! </sheepish grin>

I was about to tell you that when you beat me to it!
I've got a wordpress site (planningweddings.directory) and had many sleepless nights trying to make responsive forms work as an embedded thing. Eventually I realised that as long as wordpress was serving up the form, there was always going to be bits of that program messing the form up. For my use of the form, I simply used a link to the form. Now I get no complaints and those who want to can send me photos using the really great responsive forms this program can create. Here's a link to the form I'm referring to: http://www.planweddings.com.au/register … s_reg.html You might notice its not on thewordpress site but one using a shared address. Load time is therefore not an issue.

Cheers,
Ryadia
Visual Basic under DOS was easy to learn. I struggle now trying to comprehend CSS and HTML5 under Windows.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.