Don't miss the HTML/CSS support in...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Now that many of you have started playing with the new HTML Form Builder, there are many new features in the software that the Flash version does not have. One item in particular that I am surprised no one has noticed is how the "Configure email message" options now support HTML/CSS. This allows you the ability to be able generate HTML emails with your form. You can do this with the auto-response message as well!

Go to the Settings Toolbar Icon > Email Notices Tab and then click "Configure email message".

So what do you think? How does it work for ya?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I just noticed that last night, but I haven't played with it yet. I have a quick question which I'm sure will be answered when I test it, but....

Will the time/date/IP stamp still show up if you edit the Reply Email now? Would love to make a nice user friendly looking Reply Email to the site owner, but that's one of the quirks the old Flash version had. Although it "Does" show the time/date/IP stamp (which btw your info on the features page says it doesn't), it only does it if you don't alter the Reply Email in any way other than Subject. If you Edit the email content at all you lose that time/date/IP stamp.

Is this fixed with this new one? *crosses fingers and hopes so* :)
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
I just noticed that last night, but I haven't played with it yet. I have a quick question which I'm sure will be answered when I test it, but....

Will the time/date/IP stamp still show up if you edit the Reply Email now? Would love to make a nice user friendly looking Reply Email to the site owner, but that's one of the quirks the old Flash version had. Although it "Does" show the time/date/IP stamp (which btw your info on the features page says it doesn't), it only does it if you don't alter the Reply Email in any way other than Subject. If you Edit the email content at all you lose that time/date/IP stamp.

Is this fixed with this new one? *crosses fingers and hopes so* :)

Yes, right now we have that hard-coded so it always appears in message. There is actually no way to remove it. ;)

We had some debate on making this an option but thought we would try it this way and get feedback on it first and then go from there.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Very slick! Thanks so much for that, it may seem small but O...M...G... can you say Spam Patrol?? wheeeeee! :P
User 2145691 Photo

26 posts

Hi Scott

Possibly a silly question. I don't know. Which is why I'm asking it ...

Can the new HTML5 forms be processed, fully-featured, only via S-Drive ... are any features lost if processed via PHP on another server?

Also - I'm impressed the New Forms take advantage of iPhones and iPads - but I'm assuming this doesn't include GUI. Also, what about Andriod, Blackberry et al?

Further to these rapidly emerging platforms (iOS takes about 80+% of smart uptake in Australia at present), does this move to HTML5 signal a broader intention for Coffee Cup to become fully compatible with smart mobile?

I'd assume it does, since it may well be that the "traditional" website will be fast losing ground ...

- Steve :rolleyes:
Steven Phillips
http://www.steven-phillips.com.au
The Content King
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Steven Phillips wrote:
Hi Scott

Possibly a silly question. I don't know. Which is why I'm asking it ...

Can the new HTML5 forms be processed, fully-featured, only via S-Drive ... are any features lost if processed via PHP on another server?

Also - I'm impressed the New Forms take advantage of iPhones and iPads - but I'm assuming this doesn't include GUI. Also, what about Andriod, Blackberry et al?

Further to these rapidly emerging platforms (iOS takes about 80+% of smart uptake in Australia at present), does this move to HTML5 signal a broader intention for Coffee Cup to become fully compatible with smart mobile?

I'd assume it does, since it may well be that the "traditional" website will be fast losing ground ...

- Steve :rolleyes:

The new version of Form Builder is all HTML and CSS based. This means it will work on any device (iPhone, Android, Blackberry etc.) as it is no longer dependent on Flash. The form processing is still handled by PHP which can be used on S-Drive or on your own hosting account. We just think S-Drive is better. ;)

http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/form-bu … r-metrics/
User 2145691 Photo

26 posts

Cool :cool:

Will we see other Coffee Cup Apps taking this road? That is, going mobile? Smart mobile?

Gesture et al?

We know iOS is a no-Flash zone ...

Is this the drama with Firestarter? Or is it unrelated ... sorry, but I've picked up on the noise about this but can't locate the main thread ...
Steven Phillips
http://www.steven-phillips.com.au
The Content King
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Steven Phillips wrote:
Cool :cool:

Will we see other Coffee Cup Apps taking this road? That is, going mobile? Smart mobile?

Gesture et al?

We know iOS is a no-Flash zone ...

Is this the drama with Firestarter? Or is it unrelated ... sorry, but I've picked up on the noise about this but can't locate the main thread ...

Yes, that is the plan. ;).

Head over to the Firestarter forums for info on that topic. It is a long discussion... ;(

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.