Change Max Upload File Size (larger...

User 2350728 Photo

5 posts

(This post is related to Web Form Builder Version 1.1, Build 3261)

Is there a way to manually change the current limit of max upload file size of 8mb to something like 15-20mb? I need to know if anyone has done this and how (if you have made the change/s to a php file and if so, what is the file's name and line of the code where it can be found at). I have changed the max file size in my server file, but the Web Form Builder app doesn't allow me to post anything higher than 8mb (I also have web form builder classic and it does not restrict you, unlike the newer html5 version). I know a lot of servers restrict you to 8mb, but not my server, and I really need to allow larger files.

If there is no possible way to "work-around" this, does anybody know if i can install the classic Web Form Builder on my PC, without it interfering with the currently installed html5 version? So maybe that way I can use both of them for different purposes?

Any immediate help would be appreciated.

PS. I really think the 8mb limit should be removed from Web Form Builder. This was a bad Idea.
User 2350728 Photo

5 posts

I forgot to mention that i purchased the super pack a few weeks ago...
User 2073552 Photo

1,625 posts

I take it you are publishing to S-Drive? If you own the Builder, you can publish it to your server, which should not have a 8mb file size yet some do. My host is around 20mb. I would take it from S-Drive and host it only on your server. :D
"An Apple doth not fall far from its tree, yet an orange does."

https://lbwebsitedesign.com - Responsive Web Design & Web Hosting Services.
http://helpsite.sirage.com - HTML5, CSS3 and CC Help Video Blog.
User 2350728 Photo

5 posts

Nope. I don't use s-drive. I have my own hosting server. I have read other posts that the web form builder does actually limit to 8mb (whether on s-drive or on any server). Good try though, thanks!
User 1948478 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,850 posts

On Dec 14, 2011, Scott had the following to say on this topic:

"...For File Uploads, about 99% of the hosting servers have a maximum file post size (not upload size) of around 8mb per file. It is not the software that determines the what this size can be, it is the hosting provider. I checked all the major providers out there (Yahoo, Godaddy, 1&1, Tilted, Network Solutions) and all were set at 8mb or lower.
So there you have it
. ;) ..."

http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/web-for … post174358
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Web Form Builder has a maximum file upload size of 8129kB per file upload button. The reason why we have a file size limit is because the majority of shared hosting companies out there have a maximum post size from 1–8 MB. If we were to allow any file size and someone attempted to upload a file larger then allowed, the form would produce quite a few PHP errors—and a pretty bad experience for your customers

There is a very easy way to change this outside of the software. You just need to be aware that you can really mess things up. ;)

http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … load-size/
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2350728 Photo

5 posts

Thanks Scott! This is precisely the answer I was searching for! Thank you to everyone that has tried to help also. :D
User 2350728 Photo

5 posts

Last thing....How do I mark this post closed or solved?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Awesome.

This is a public forum, so it will always remain like this.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.