Can't choose Reply-to/From - Post ID...

User 91551 Photo

6 posts

I'm trying to add the senders e-mail address to the message and also try the auto respond but I do not get any field in the drop-down lists. I also tried to change the From: field in form.cfg.php as instructed, but it does not work. The value entered in the mail-box isn't used, it's the name of the box, my mailserver doesn't like that.
Is there anything wrong I'm doing?
I have searched all posts here but no solution that I found works.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

First you should never edit the files for things that are supposed to work in the software as you'll just end up overwriting them next time you save it anyways :)

As for the address not showing up, I'm going to guess you have the email field hidden and that will definitely stop it from showing up in the settings to choose it. Unhide it (and leave it that way) if you want to be able to have the address usable in the settings. :)
User 91551 Photo

6 posts

I know. I do know PHP a little, but JS isn't my thing, yet. But, to be honest, if I didn't tweak the php-files I can't use them (or CoffeeCup software) for my language, unfortunately. But this is not the case with this one, I know. :)

I inserted a Email Address from the Magical on the Elements tab. I can see it, is it hidden by default? Cause I haven't hidden it. I can enter my email on the finished page, too. I really do not know how to hide it, even. I can't find a way to hide it, not that I want to.

Why is it marked as a Text Field on the Properties tab? Should it be?

It's name is Text37 not MailX as FAQ says it should.

I really do not know what I am doing wrong. I insert a Email filed and I do not change anything but it does not show up as an option.
User 91551 Photo

6 posts

Problem solved. It seems that my computer got a cold! Every time inserting a e-mail field I got a test field. Again and again. I now tried it on another computer and I finally got an email field and the dropdowns work.

But, how come? (Time to reinstall...)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.