Speaking of CoffeeCup - how I make...

User 404575 Photo

887 posts

Paul Havemann wrote:
Melissa Brookstone wrote:
I'm a "freak" when it comes to making the best popcorn

Well, I know to use coconut oil and good-quality corn... and to add the (finely ground) salt to the oil prior to the poppage so that it's in the corn, not on it.

But I'm having difficulty locating the butterine, or Flavacol, or whatever, in less-than-gallon quantities (cough Amazon cough) - if that's even the right stuff. What do you use?

Natural but not virgin coconut oil. Hydrogenated oil might make it crunchier but clogs the arteries and heart. Adding salt while popping makes the popped kernels tougher. You can get butter flavored theater salt, which is very fine, at http://www.popcornsupply.com/p/16/flava … soned-salt

I also love the Pop N' Glaze at http://www.popcornsupply.com/p/17/glaze-pop
for kettle corn. These things give you real commercial flavors.

But I personally don't use salt, due to my heart stent. Too much salt constricts arteries and squeezes the heart stent, sometimes causing a little mild pain, which is not a happy thing when you know it's your heart.

Melissa Rhiannon
OS Windows 10
User 404575 Photo

887 posts

I'm a long time "newbie" here, when it comes to using CoffeeCup software, and given the name of the company, I thought I'd share this with you.

I'm a "freak" when it comes to making the best popcorn and the best coffee I've ever had :lol: , and I took the time to learn how to do both, and feel I've succeeded. But if you're interested in how I learned to make the best coffee I've ever had, go to http://ColoradoProcessServers.net and look at the blog, then search down that page to "coffee".

Hope you enjoy! :P

I'm currently drinking my way through some very smooth fresh roasted Brazilian. Mmmmmm....
I love coffee in a cup....

Boy did I screw up and feel stupid. I deleted the blog about my coffee, without even saving a local copy.

I don't suppose there's any way to recover a deleted stream blog post, is there?

Melissa Rhiannon
OS Windows 10
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Was it S-Drive? Best thing I can think of is to see if CC has a copy of it saved somewhere. Might be they do backups and can restore it. Don't shoot the messenger if they can't, just saying it might be a possibility. Good luck on it Melissa.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

I'm a long time "newbie" here, when it comes to using CoffeeCup software, and given the name of the company, I thought I'd share this with you.

I'm a "freak" when it comes to making the best popcorn and the best coffee I've ever had :lol: , and I took the time to learn how to do both, and feel I've succeeded. But if you're interested in how I learned to make the best coffee I've ever had, go to http://ColoradoProcessServers.net and look at the blog, then search down that page to "coffee".

Hope you enjoy! :P

I'm currently drinking my way through some very smooth fresh roasted Brazilian. Mmmmmm....
I love coffee in a cup....

Boy did I screw up and feel stupid. I deleted the blog about my coffee, without even saving a local copy.

I don't suppose there's any way to recover a deleted stream blog post, is there?

If you were on a paid account, yes. However you are on the free account so that information is not backed up.

If you used PowerPost, you would have a copy of that information locally.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hmm good to know on the Power Post thing, another reason to tell my CatTown person to use it instead of email, thanks for that tip Scott :)
User 404575 Photo

887 posts

Yeah, I'm with the free account.

Will just have to write the article again. <sigh>

Melissa Rhiannon
OS Windows 10
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Yeah, I'm with the free account.

Will just have to write the article again. <sigh>

Now would be a good time to upgrade your account then. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Or buy power post! :P
User 404575 Photo

887 posts

Fun sentiments, but it's already been deleted. :lol:

Melissa Rhiannon
OS Windows 10
User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

You guys ever tried the Aussie produced beans, Not cheap but where it is grown in Queensland the conditions are perfect. I like my coffee fresh ground. When making a Cupertino I mix a bit of extra fine ground coffee to the chocolate, to add to the coffee fix in the dusting on top.

Domestic coffee machines are now going for up to $5000 mine only $200 but It has the pressure to deliver a fine crema and get most of the oils out of the grind. I have not tried dipping a temp stick in the frothing milk yet.
Up the Aussies Oi Oi Oi I am one of those Aussies who speak Strine with an Cockney accent.

http://www.jaquescoffee.com.au/, It actually also grows in the North of the state I live in NSW :D
The Guy from OZ

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.