Over the page limit - Post ID 255153

User 458539 Photo

1,584 posts

So there is a 50 page limit, heh?

What is the best way to work around this?

I was thinking of - copy the site , Rename & do the new pages making sure that the css break points etc do not change, then when I upload do the main site then add new pages from the copy site.

Is this what you were thinking with the warning pop up and advice?

Thanks

Byron
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Right now there is a 50 page limit but the next update will increase to 100 pages. There is no work-around that you can use in RSD to get over that page limit. However if you own RLM, there are no page limits. You can create a layout with 100+ pages and then open that in RSD.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 458539 Photo

1,584 posts

OK - but I have 50 pages in RSD now - can anything be done to retro to RLM for the existing pages?

If I read you correctly you are saying that if I construct another site, like the one I mentioned above, that has the same css break points etc. I can import it to the same folder in my hosting but it won't work?

Thanks

Byron
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

OK - but I have 50 pages in RSD now - can anything be done to retro to RLM for the existing pages?

No.

If I read you correctly you are saying that if I construct another site, like the one I mentioned above, that has the same css break points etc. I can import it to the same folder in my hosting but it won't work

No... ;)

You can create a layout in RLM just like you did in RSD. You then open that RLM project file inside of RSD.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 458539 Photo

1,584 posts

Yeah - its just that I have 50 pages completed, posted to a demo site and approved by client! Trying to be lazy here!

Thanks

Byron

Ps - any idea when the next rev will be out?

User 458539 Photo

1,584 posts

If I do and large page count site in RLM bring it in to RSD how would I add pages to the RSD site? Could I just add a few in the RLM site then import those to RSD? Is that possible?

Thanks

Byron
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I've often wondered this about CC software and the limitations of numbers of things you can do. This example would probably be the most hindered one being a number of pages limitation. Wasn't there also a similar setting to VSD with a page limit? And the product limitations in the Shopping Cart Software as well. Why do you add these limitations in there? Just curious as it doesn't seem like people should have to jump through hoops to complete their sites. This is a pretty large hoop in my opinion. I've seen an aweful lot of websites with many more than 100 pages to them, and your next update for RSD is stating only being able to do 100 pages. Is there some major reason why this limitation is there?
User 458539 Photo

1,584 posts

I love CC software, the tech support and forums!!!!!!!!!!!

Having said that I didn't know the RSD next rev was only 100 pages limit. I have 3 projects that are well over that right now. If its going to be a 100 page limit but a way to have a work around to add more I don't mind if its a bit of a hassle as I'm sure that it will change in the future.

Not complaining as CC has helped me make a good living - so please don't take this as @5@$^^ing!!!!

Thanks
User 289442 Photo

161 posts

Jo wrote:
I've often wondered this about CC software and the limitations of numbers of things you can do. This example would probably be the most hindered one being a number of pages limitation. Wasn't there also a similar setting to VSD with a page limit? And the product limitations in the Shopping Cart Software as well. Why do you add these limitations in there? Just curious as it doesn't seem like people should have to jump through hoops to complete their sites. This is a pretty large hoop in my opinion. I've seen an aweful lot of websites with many more than 100 pages to them, and your next update for RSD is stating only being able to do 100 pages. Is there some major reason why this limitation is there?

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto!

Under 4 different accounts, since damn near the beginning of CC I have purchased just about every Windows software program they have produced. I have often wondered the same as Jo, especially with the Shopping Cart which is excellent but flawed and really not usable as a main shopping cart in the eCommerce universe of today (nor the day it was first released).

I have always gone back to the HTML Editor for this past decade and half -- it is excellent and has never failed me in any important or, at least, remembered way. But, every other piece of software has seemly embraced one or another limitation.

I think that over the years that possibly CC has pursued a bit of a shot gun scatter approach to their software offers -- 75 to 90% (html editor excepted) great programs but missing (having) a few critical parts.

With the responsive efforts a focused and aimed process appears to be in operation and I applaud them for that, however as Jo pointed out and others also, I'm sure wondered, why the page limitations with RSD which surely will become their flag ship for the basically non-coder web site designers who are their core audience. In my opinion any page limit is unacceptable. (I'm not concerned or care about CC's programming problems-- :D)

I have, over the years, found nothing to complain or fault about CC's support and help. These forums are probably the best and responsive (lol) software support forums in the business with an abundance of company and fellow users help and advice.

Rant over, you can now delete if you wish.....

TomH

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.