It cost 89.00 to find out it doesnt...

User 2025897 Photo

1 post

be aware it doesnt run on XP and its not listed anywhere..
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Hi there Damon,

With support for XP by Microsoft disappearing next month is this a surprise to you? XP will be a dead operating system at the end of this month. That being said I am surprised that is not stated in system requirements. Have you opened a ticked with Coffeecup? They may be able to help you here.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 434929 Photo

Ambassador
938 posts

It's run well On XP pro sp3 with no issue so far,

I am using it for sometimes
Guys at coffeecup are awesometacular.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

It runs, but I wouldn't make a guarantee that it will continue to work in the future with XP being discontinued. There are several posts here in the forums and much of the software informaton states that they are not programming for XP so it's not surprising at all that it wouldn't.

Damon, to be honest, if you're sticking with XP then it's "Your" responsibility to make sure things work "before" your buy it, not gripe about it after the fact. Just sayin'. I feel your pain, but it's still your responsibility when you are using an outdated and soon to be discontinued operating system.
User 732206 Photo

107 posts

I still use XP on an small Acer that I still use in the bed at night but my Mac is my main computer for serious (and less serious...) work.
But I wouldn't rely on XP to make a responsive web site. I keep tablets and old PCs near by to see how some web pages look on them.
I would suggest that you update to a more recent OS if you can. It is a lot more fun.
Btw, even Facebook doesn't look good on my Acer, depending on the browser I use I think. I suppose they did not test it on old PCs or some odd screen formats.
User 2036243 Photo

36 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
AnnDamon, to be honest, if you're sticking with XP then it's "Your" responsibility to make sure things work "before" your buy it, not gripe about it after the fact. Just sayin'. I feel your pain, but it's still your responsibility when you are using an outdated and soon to be discontinued operating system.

Forgive me for disagreeing, Jo-Ann but, if Coffee Cup don't say it doesn't, then it seems to me there is no way of finding out short of buying it and trying it. I think that a company - even one as nice and friendly as Coffee Cup is - should go out of its way to give sufficiently complete information to prevent people from buying something by mistake. I know that the free trial can go some way to do that, but it is better (IMO) to upfront.

In this case, it seems to me that Damon is mistaken in thinking it won't run under XP, but nevertheless, it's not unreasonable to expect a reputable company to be more explicit.
All the Best
Ian
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

We do list this on our website. I agree with many of you that XP is a great OS, but like it or not, Microsoft has made the decision and set it in stone. Windows XP is for all intents and purposes, dead. ;)

http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/1277

This is also why we do make trial versions of all our products. This allows you to fully test the software before you buy. That is a good thing because then you know exactly what you are getting.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 244141 Photo

Ambassador
1,209 posts

I miss Windows XP. Probably most of us have used Win XP for the entire life cycle. Discovering things on a XP box was some of the best times ever, and later it was also when I was discovering some web design software from a very cool company based in Texas. *nostalgia*.
Web Design: https://www.websnoogie.com
Member - BBB: Websnoogie, LLC

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.