Guest Book Software - Page 5 - Post...

User 418944 Photo

1 post

I would like to add my .02 cents worth for a "GUESTBOOK" I am searching for a good one now, but would rather have one from Coffee cup as I also own about seven or so of their other products. It should have several themes and or background changes as well.

Tom
User 493453 Photo

11 posts

I agree with all the post, a guestbook by CC would be a "good thing". I would buy it!
I had used another software for many years however it got to be a real pain with spammers and hackers attacking every week so I took it down. For me a secure software would be the high priority, one that is hack proof.
User 539237 Photo

241 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Zoldar wrote:
I would love one of these for some of my sites also and so put my hand up. But keep working on that Shopping Cart Pro for now as I am really hanging for that. Still no date for release Scott?:P

I hate committing to a specific date for anything. If we go over that time frame, we get very grumpy users. ;) I have used many beta versions of the pro and it is progressing very nicely.

Any update on the guest book, nearly 6 months since you were testing beta versions Scott?

I for one am hanging on for this.
Greg
Greg

When I stop learning please check for signs of life.
User 1875922 Photo

48 posts

Greg wrote:

Any update on the guest book, nearly 6 months since you were testing beta versions Scott?

Greg

I think this reply from Scott was in regards to SCC Pro not the Guestbook Greg :d

Cheers
Zoldar
--
Jeff Wilson

61 409801950 jeff@bizzdesign.com.au
User 539237 Photo

241 posts

Zoldar wrote:
Greg wrote:

Greg

I think this reply from Scott was in regards to SCC Pro not the Guestbook Greg :d

Cheers
Zoldar

Your right of course Zoldar, however it is six months ago, so asking for an update is not unreasonable is it.
Cheers
Greg
Greg

When I stop learning please check for signs of life.
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Scott i have spent hours trying to work out how to put a simple feedback form on my website.

I thought form builder might do it, and i am rong !

If by guestbook, you mean clients ability to comment on their purchase from my website, thats exactly what i am after.

I have as usual tried the hosting options available, all double dutch to me

And from experiance now of 13 months using coffeecup software, I think this is a MUST, as you really cant have a SHOP (shopping cart creator) without feedback facility , as after all Word of mouth is the main building block of a small shop.

If it is developed can i suggest a contact this buyer button,, as a safe way for future customers to contact previous clients who have left feedback.

And the ability for the customer who put their email address in to be able to remove it themselves when they want to no longer reply to emails.

Lots of my clients have asked when i will have this facility, many have suggested letting customers call them for a reference.

Viv

Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Jewelcraft wrote:
If it is developed can i suggest a contact this buyer button,, as a safe way for future customers to contact previous clients who have left feedback.

One of the practical problems Viv, is that many folks that have left feedback, wouldn't necessarily want complete strangers contacting them, so you then have to initiate some kind of consent form within that feedback, so that customers can opt out of that. You also have to think about how your previous customers can reply to that enquiry without disclosing their email addresses?
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Will i agree the email address is a problem, and customers MUST have opt out option, also option to remove it at a later date, if they get to many requests.

It is my customers who have suggested this though, its seems most are flabergasted at the quality they get from me, at internet prices.

My present OLD feedback on ebay, and from my previous website, is full of comments that the quality is way above expectations, and I think infact it is not that my work is neccesarily better than it should be, but more to the point many customers have had such bad experiences of poor quality from other suppliers!

Feedback of this type can only improve my turnover which to be honest I could do with, as my general products are MORE EXPENSIVE than most on the internet, and hence my turnover is relatively small, because your average customer cannot determine the quality and therefore compares mine to cheaper products

Thanks for your comments, i hop CC are on the case soon

Viv.

Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement

User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Viv - I personally don't have any problem with a "pasted" comment, especially if there is a means of verifying it's validity, which sounds like you are already addressing. I will be facing something similar with my new business soon, as I am listed on many on-line resources for aviators. I will probably be copying and pasting some of those comments from the various sources and compiling them onto my 'official' site. I want to make sure that I do this in a manor that doesn't look like I faked them, but of course I will be able to verify them.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Phil i have updated on my own thread, in form builder thread, ( Help for setting up a feedback form ) but i found this yesterday seems to be a recent addition in my hosting .

http://www.phpjunkyard.com/gbook/gbook.php

I have set one up on my website last night, doese exactly what i was after, so i am hoping CC with have a look and see if they can come up with a more user friendly (IN MY CASE IDIOT PROOF) version.

Viv

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.