What is the difference between Sonar...

User 2611213 Photo

15 posts

Hi.. I'm a current owner of Website Insights and I see the Sonar product now. Is Sonar going to be the replacement for Website Insights? If not, what are the primary differences?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Website Insight allows you to see how the search engines are interpreting the content in your site. It will scan the site and return a report card that covers 70+ factors that will help improve your site's usability and search rank. This neutral, analytical view reports on keyword usage, metadata, social visibility and will pinpoint any potential issues such as broken links or missing tags. This program also allows you to generate custom reports which is great if you manage websites for clients.

Sonar on the other hand goes deep into your website and provides size and speed/performance analysis for the page content. It also reports on how well the page responds and content is loaded at the device level. Several device types such as iPad, iPhone and Android are loaded into the app and it is easy to compare their action times against one another. This means you’ll no longer need to get your hands on every device or use pricey subscription services to review and test pages.

Both these programs give you invaluable reports and when used together, your websites will function with top notch performance.

For more information on Sonar: http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/1489
For more information on Website Insight: http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/1087

Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2611213 Photo

15 posts

Thanks Scott, that was helpful.

To me it sounds like both can be targeted at "ranking"...
Website Insight addresses metadata and site links.
Sonar addresses page content performance on a device type basis.
User 2480440 Photo

2 posts

How about an introductory price for purchasing both?
In fact, it would be nice to have a semi-transparent dropdown that would appear each time we start a CC program to let us see what's new, what's been updated and the pricing for us to stay current.
There is no sarcasm here, I'm serious. There are a lot of new CC apps to keep up with.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

A price reduction for purchasing both sounds fine, as far as Windows users go. I don't think there is a Websight Insight version for Mac yet.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2845797 Photo

45 posts

I just played with both of them tonight. If I am right, I see that Website insight will compress your files for you.
without locating the .htaccess file. (That I can't find in s-Drive)

Am I on track with this or way off?

Chris

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Chris Hembree wrote:
I just played with both of them tonight. If I am right, I see that Website insight will compress your files for you.
without locating the .htaccess file. (That I can't find in s-Drive)

Am I on track with this or way off?

Chris

Website Insight does not compress your files. You would use the File Compressor app in the main toolbar to that.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 414501 Photo

564 posts

Oh, I didn't realize this. I thought Sonar was just the re-marketed version of Insight. So perhaps I should take advantage of the 30% Easter special to buy this today. I learned the hard way not to ignore emails from Coffee Cup. Had to pay full price for my RSD upgrade last month...
Chad Spillars
"Look I finally made myself a signature!"
User 2273654 Photo

754 posts

Daily scan of forums: read this thread, all entries. Result: purchased Sonar.
My CC S-drive site https://workhorsepainting.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.